Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Whom did God ask, Hast thou killed, and also taken possession?

Update:

1Ki 21:19 And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Hast thou killed, and also taken possession? And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Remember that throughout Ahab's reign, the kingdom of Israel enjoyed relative security and prosperity. Elijah's constant harangues must have discomfited everyone at court. He was continually calling them to accountability. Ahab seemed to be happy only twice in this whole narrative. One of those times occurred when he correctly predicted that Micaiah, another prophet of Jehovah, would prophesy evil against him (see 1 Kings 22:7-18). The other happened when he went to take possession of Naboth's vineyard. The Lord, through his prophets, would not allow Ahab to enjoy happiness in iniquity, "which thing is contrary to the nature of that righteousness which is in our great and Eternal Head" (Helaman 13:38). As Alma so clearly stated, "Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness" (Alma 41:10). The Lord was not about to let Ahab forget that. Therefore, his message to the king of Israel on this occasion declared, "Thus saith the Lord, Hast thou killed, and also taken possession? . . . In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine." (1 Kings 21:19.)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It was Ahab. 1 Kings 21.

• 1 decade ago

I believe King David in killing Uria to obtain bathsheba

• 1 decade ago

This was a message for King David.

Blessings

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'll check my Bible in a bit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think cain, but im not sure, i have to study it further

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.