Lauren
Lauren asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Help with US GOVERNMENT??? 10 POINTS!!!!?

1. Under NAFTA, which of the following is NOT allowed to cross the border freely?

services

investments

labor

goods

2. If a U.S. company sells its goods in France, the good is an example of ___________.

an import

an asset

a tariff

an export

3. Following World War II, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trades (GATT) developed. What has developed from GATT?

WTO

NAFTA

UN

NATO

4. Which nation is not a permanent member of the UN Security Counsel?

Russia

Germany

China

France

5. Which is a major mission of the United Nations?

maintaining an army

addressing humanitarian causes

developing trade alliances

supporting U.S. foreign policy goals

6. Many Americans are critical of the United Nations. What is a major reason for this criticism?

The United Nations generally opposes the broad policy goals of the WTO.

The United States does not have a permanent seat on the Security Counsel.

The United Nations is primarily controlled by communist nations.

Each nation has an equal vote in the General Assembly regardless of that nation's size or importance.

7. What was the purpose of California's Proposition 187?

limiting immigration to only those arriving from Asia and Europe

requiring all immigrants to pass an English-language exam

preventing illegal immigrants from receiving most social services

denying Mexican nationals entrance into California

8. Immigration has recently become a major issue in the U.S. Congress. What is considered one potential problem of increased immigration?

Immigrants might take jobs away from citizens and depress wages.

Immigrants may force wages up, thus increasing the cost of products.

Immigrants may increase U.S. productivity, thus causing a trade imbalance.

Immigrants may increase U.S. reliance on imported goods.

9. Which nation would be a likely recipient of U.S. foreign aid?

an unstable nation fighting terrorist organizations hostile to the United States

a nation strongly committed to communism but also open to U.S. military interests

a nation with little strategic importance but with a high AIDS population

a nation with a high rate of poverty and little access to U.S. goods

10. At times, foreign policy demands a delicate approach. As an example, with what two Asian nations must the United States carefully balance its relationships?

North Korea and Vietnam

China and Japan

North Korea and Thailand

Taiwan and China

11. What is the underlying assumption behind NATO?

Free trade between NATO members will undermine communist goals.

An attack against one member nation is an attack against all member nations.

NATO will collectively develop a nuclear arsenal.

Any NATO organization has the right to organize armed resistance to the Soviet Union.

12. If several nations work together to develop a unifying treaty, what form of treaty have they written?

lateral

bilateral

multilateral

unilateral

13. For most of the nation's history, the United States had a policy of isolationism. However, President Woodrow Wilson made the first serious challenge to this policy with the proposed creation of what body?

the United Nations

the League of Nations

the World Trade Organization

the North Atlantic Treaty Organization

14. Early in U.S. history, President Monroe proclaimed dominion over Latin America with the Monroe Doctrine. Many years later, President Theodore Roosevelt added to Monroe's policy with the Roosevelt Corollary. What was the main idea behind the Roosevelt Corollary?

The United States will intervene in Latin American affairs if those countries do not keep their affairs in order.

The United States will promote its business interests in Latin America.

The United States will allow European nations to trade with Latin America but will not allow them to offer military assistance.

The United States will protect Latin American business interests all over the world.

15. Which states President Reagan's policy toward the Soviet Union best?

He was open to economic treaties but took a hard line against their political system.

He was willing to compromise to achieve common goals.

He took a hard line against the expansion of Soviet-style communism.

He worked with Soviet leaders to reduce nuclear weapons.

16. In general, what happens to a president's approval ratings following an international crisis?

It is not usually measured.

It decreases.

It stays about the same.

It increases.

17. The president typically played a major role in foreign affairs. However, in recent years, the Congress's role has increased. What has contributed to this change?

Congress has to approve the appointment of the Secretary of State.

The distinction between domestic and foreign policy has blurred.

The president has given less attention to foreign policy in the past few decades.

The Supreme Court has ruled that the pres

I have exams coming up and this is one of my reviews. I have completed most of this one, but I want to check to make sure my answers are correct so I will pass.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Best Answer

I would cheat and look for the answers on the greater internet.

You are upset when people bring up Bush but your question is whether Obama's is the most totalitarian presidency ever. The answer is of course no way and the support for the answer is the Bush administration's behavior, among others. (there was also Nixon lying to us all about bombing Cambodia and Reagan administration forcing a national speed limit on us and for that matter Andrew Jackson marching the Indians from Florida to Oklahoma or wherever in defiance of the Supreme Court)

• Cherry

What is this? Are you taking a test right now?