Jini
Lv 4
Jini asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Will FOOD NETWORK ever have a vegetarian show?

I like Food Network shows because I can learn several cooking techniques and some recipes. However, most of the shows have meat or seafood. Isn't it time that FN takes a leap and does a vegetarian show since vegetarian lifestyle is spreading? They already have Southern, Italian, Quick-Fix, Soul. When will we veg heads get our turn? Or should we start a petition?

P.S. I have tried writing to them but they said they only take ideas for new shows from corporations ( i guess due to $$).

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I know its soo annoying!

But then don't you hate it when non vegetarian eaters come onto these questions and post something nasty!

It really ticks me off!

I think they would make more money if a company came up with vegetarian and vegan t.v shows!

I assume you live in America but they should also have shows over here in the UK as well!!!

Feeling the same as you!

Ciara,

xxxx

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Cookbook : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?UXWu
  • 1 decade ago

Curtis Aiken used to have two vegetarian shows on the Food Network (Meals Without Meat, and, Pick of the Day). They may be on dvd? Although I too agree/am surprised that the station doesn't have at least one show devoted just to vegetarianism. Someday...

• 1 decade ago

That would definitely be a good idea.

There are a few cooking shows on FitTV that, while not vegetarian, are based on healthier eating styles, and therefore a lot of the recipes are meat-free. "A Lyon in the Kitchen" and "Healthy Decadence with Devin Alexander" are ones I have watched in the past.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Most cookery programmes target mainstream consumers, and while vegetarianism is indeed expanding, it's not quite up to mainstream level yet. Keep up the pressure though. Even with mainstream programmes, veggie dishes are often featured. This proprotion will increase in time as more people have interest in veggie eating.

• 1 decade ago

Probably. They make vegetarian items on some of the shows and there's tons of recipes on the website. You can look on the website to see when they are airing the shows that have vegetarian items and watch or record them for your convenience.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I asked my brother that same question the other day. Strange. Anyway. I think they did use to have one, but the audience wasn't big enough. Not enough viewers. I think there are a few vegetarian shows on Discovery Health though.

• 1 decade ago

I wish that they had one too. I recently decided to go vegitarian, and it would be nice to have something on Food Network to educate and help. I know it would help give me more ideas of things to cook.

Have you ever visitied the Post Punk Kitchen? On there website they have mini cooking shows for Vegans

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they used to but that's a good idea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.