Second hand smoke around a newborn?

Ok so Im getting ready to have a baby and im so excited but, my husbands parents (baby's grandparents) are VERY heavy smokers, between the three people that live in the house they probably smoke at least a carton of cigarettes a day i know that's a couple packs a person a day but seriously they are chain... show more Ok so Im getting ready to have a baby and im so excited but, my husbands parents (baby's grandparents) are VERY heavy smokers, between the three people that live in the house they probably smoke at least a carton of cigarettes a day i know that's a couple packs a person a day but seriously they are chain smokers! there has been times where i will see someone walk out of their front door (im outside) and see a huge cloud of smoke poof out the door cause its so smoky in there! im so paranoid about them watching the baby cause there are times that im there for only like 10 minutes and my eyes are burning and i cant breath, i cant imagine how much trouble a newborn would have in all that smoke! even if i walk in for 1 minute and then leave my clothes smell like smoke all day and i don't want my baby smelling like that! i have told my husband about this and he agrees to NOT let our baby over there, we made them a deal they can come to our house but baby is not aloud over in their house. but now his parents are upset and they are telling us that as long as they don't blow smoke in the babies face that they will be ok. Are we just being over protective or is second hand smoke really bad like people say it is.
Update: My husbands sister lives there with them and she is also a chain smoker and she has smoke all through her pregnancy! She will have her baby a few months before i do and she doesnt understand why i dont want the baby around smoke either cause she doesnt care that her baby is around it, but she also doesnt mind that... show more My husbands sister lives there with them and she is also a chain smoker and she has smoke all through her pregnancy! She will have her baby a few months before i do and she doesnt understand why i dont want the baby around smoke either cause she doesnt care that her baby is around it, but she also doesnt mind that she smokes a few packs a day while pregnant!
Update 2: Another thing is that i really dont feel comfortable with his parents even coming over to our house to see the baby cause when they are over all i hear the hole time is "why cant we smoke in here" "its just a few" "it wont hurt anything" so they really dont understand why i wont let... show more Another thing is that i really dont feel comfortable with his parents even coming over to our house to see the baby cause when they are over all i hear the hole time is "why cant we smoke in here" "its just a few" "it wont hurt anything" so they really dont understand why i wont let them smoke in my house either. Plus even when they dont smoke in the house they come in for five miniutes and after they leave my house smells of smoke for hours! i hate it, it just really bugs me! And i really do know how they feel cause when i was younger i used to smoke but im glad to say that habbit is long been broken! but geez the smell is just horrific!
Update 3: I feel like a bad mom for just going over there while pregnant thats how bad it is! i think its horrible that they cant go more then 10 miniutes without smoking around me! i always leave there feeling like i just smoked a pack by myself! my throat is soar my eyes are burning and im coughing like crazy i always feel... show more I feel like a bad mom for just going over there while pregnant thats how bad it is! i think its horrible that they cant go more then 10 miniutes without smoking around me! i always leave there feeling like i just smoked a pack by myself! my throat is soar my eyes are burning and im coughing like crazy i always feel like there is stuff in my lungs when i leave.