Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is Tim Henman the greatest man who ever lived?

Noble, honourable and courageous in the face of adversity.

"If you can serve and volley, whilst everyone around you is power serving, and you can shake your fist in victory, then you'll be a Henman, my son."

Rikstir VII:- It was a close one - Tim or Winston. But I went for Tim - I seriously question (and I always questioned) Churchill's double backhand

Nicky:- Booooo!! I bet you were a Rusedski fan, weren't you?

ConwayValley:- Perry would have taken one look at the mighty 'Timmy' then fled in sheer terror. Game, set and match - Tim!

Come on Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3dG0zHG2EB4

Favorite Answer

Y'know I ve got friend who loves Tim SOOO much that he roars ' COME ON TIM' every time he sees anyone make a fist.

It's all rather troublesome at the gym, and when he was offered a Belgian bun by Julian Clary.

Have to say after seeing the newly chest-rugged Murray I think my affections for Tiger Tim are waning......

EDIT- Yeah you look the spit of Tim Henman......PMSL.

Probably not, seeing as I've got no idea who you're on about. Contenders for the greatest man who ever lived are: William Shakespeare, Albert Einstein, Lord Byron, William Blake, Muhammed Ali, Jarvis Cocker, Jack White and James May. So clearly not.

If Fred Perry had played Tim Henman in Wimbledon he would have destroyed him!

Tim Hinman is apparantely a good tennis player; despite his bone disease (adversity!) he went on to become a good player. Obviously you are a tennis fan, and because of his tennis abilities, you think him the greatest man ever lived.

Hinman as "The greatest man who ever lived!" is the MOST preposterous statement.

Some of the Greatest humans (men & women) who ever lived:

- Ghandi - Won independence from the British Empire at the height of its power through non-violence resistance. He was a lawyer as well.

- Nelso Mandela who led the opposition to South Africa Apartheid regime, was imprisoned for 27 years in an island cutting rocks, released, and through re-counciliation with the previous regime ended apartheid.

- President Lincoln, who in the face of real adversity, kept our union together and amended the Constitution to ban slavery

- Madam Mari Curie - Noble Price recipient in Science who discovered the radioactivity of certain elements, and also discovered puluniom. She had degrees in physics and mathematics. Her research opened the path to discovery of radiology and x-ray technology

- Mother Teresa - An Albanian catholic nun who left her native land to help the poorest people in the world in India. Her extraordinary and selfless efforts on behalf of homeless and poor all over the world created an uprising of volunteering on behalf of humanity throughout the world continueing to this day, even after her death in 1997.

I respect your opinion and enthusiasm for Hinman. My opinion on the greatest humans ever lived just differs from yours.

PS - Must admit Hinman is quite attractive in an odd way!

• How can anyone called Tim rise to greatness? It's got to be a handicap.

Besides I was assured by a guy in a bar, that it was me. drooolzzz

Are you on drugs ? Have you never heard of Winston Churchill ?

Umm.........I wouldn't say so, no.........

As a tennis player, I much prefer Nadal ;)

Haha I never actually thought about it - you do KINDA look like Henman, Omz! Just a teeny bit ;)

Absolutely, categorically - NO!

Hey you kinda look like him...

Take it as you please! :)