Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians: do ALL denominations of your religion go to heaven?

If yes, then what's all the fuss about which denomination is right, seeing as you will all be going to heaven regardless?

If no, then are you at all concerned that only 0.000001% of humanity will make it...?

Update:

Seeing as there are almost 40,000 denominations?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Only the ones who "follow the rules"

Kp

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No, not all Christian denominations will go to heaven.

They must live according to Isaiah 20:8 "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

Also in 1 John 2:4 "He that saith, I know Him [Jesus Christ], and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

So that means all those so-called Christians who have done away with God's Ten Commandments are not going to be saved.

But God is a loving God and in 2 Peter 3:9 He says: "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

"LET THE WICKED FORSAKE his WAY, AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS MAN his THOUGHTS: AND LET him RETURN UNTO THE LORD, AND HE WILL HAVE MERCY UPON him; AND TO OUR GOD, FOR HE WILL ABUNDANTLY PARDON." Isaiah 55:7

And here's a text for the Atheists: "THE FOOL HATH SAID IN HIS HEART, THERE IS NO GOD. THEY ARE CORRUPT, THEY HAVE DONE ABOMINABLE WORKS, THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD. Psalm 14: 1

Source(s): The Holy Bible, King James Version.
  • 1 decade ago

It really doesn't have to do with your denomination. It has to do with the fact that you have to personally know God in order to go to heaven.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Going to a christian church does not make you a christian in God's eyes. To be a christian you have to become part of Christ. This is referred to as being born-again. To be saved a person must repent of their sins and sinful ways, and be baptized into Christ Jesus. This means the person gives up their life of sin, asks Jesus to be their Lord and Savior, denies themselves daily and follows Christ through obeying the Holy Spirit for eternity. When a person so gives themselves to Christ, their spirit is reborn into becoming part of Christ's Body. The Holy Spirit is given to them to lead the person daily to follow God's will for them. They become part of Christ on earth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All who trust by faith in Christ Jesus as Savior will be with Him for eternity.

"8 And God, who knoweth the heart, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us; 9 and he made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. ...11 But we believe that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus,.."

Acts 15:8-9,11

• Rene
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's not the denominations that are saved, it's the people. It's an individual thing. It all depends on if they are born again. If they aren't, they will not see the Kingdom!

John 3:3

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "

• 1 decade ago

Going to heaven is not based on what denomination you are affiliated with. It is based on what is in your heart and your soul. Jesus knows who is in his flock.

• Vanity
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. A percentage make it to heaven. The others remain on earth or are eliminated altogether, in death or whatever.

• Nick
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Even if all the Christian denominations go to heaven, what about the other billion billion people who'll be rotting in hell, like all the non christian peace makers/life savers/charity givers/love enablers etc.

I think I'd rather be a good person and go to hell, then follow a religion that uses fear as a vice to attract people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

None of the denominations are offering "salvation" because they have abandoned the Kingdom Gospel salvation, for the Pauline idea of blood for sin... which Jesus did not preach.

This will explain what went wrong: http://gospelenimga.com

All of the denominations are making the same basic mistake. They left the original gospel behind.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Everyone thinks their particular brand of religion is the only way. That's how they get and keep members. But getting to heaven has absolutely nothing to do with denominations or any particular religion. The bible promises that those who seek god will find him. I believe that applies to everyone, not just christians. There are way too many people out there with different cultures who cannot worship as I do. I can't see them missing out on heaven just because they don't think as perfectly as I do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.