Mary
Mary asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

Disposable bottle liners - pros and cons from those of you who use them?

I am currently using Dr Brown bottles and am constantly washing bottles - is there any convenience in using liners?

What do you guys think?

Best Answer

When my kids were infants I tried the disposables, but you know they really weren't any better, (maybe with preparation times, but that's about it,), because I still needed to wash the bottles, and after awhile the cost was really something I couldn't afford, I was a single mom, w/o help, so I used regular baby bottles, I used some plastic(but me being an adult pop in plastic gives it a after taste), so switched to glass bottles, and threw away the disposables.Good Luck!

Source(s): thoughts from granny 5
  • godwyn

Disposable Bottle Liners

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What do you guys think?

Source(s): disposable bottle liners pros cons them: https://biturl.im/9n8rr
  • Nancy

I switched to the drop ins when my son was about a month old, and I love them! The only thing I hate is you have to buy the bags so often! But it saves you from having to wash and sterilize all the time... because you can re-use the bottles and just wash the nipples... I bought 6 nipples and 3 bottles, I wash the bottle part once a day and the nipples after every use. I like them because you know they are sterile... the only thing that I dont like about them is if you forget the liners when you go somewhere your screwed! But you dont have to pack so many bottles either... they are easy to mix formula in because the top part is really wide, so it's easy to put the powder in there... just think before you buy them do you want to be buying liners ever few weeks? For me it's worth it... after all they are only $7 for 100 of them! I wouldnt use any other type! If you do decide to use them though make sure you squeeze the air out of the bag before you let you infant suck it! (I didnt know that and my son had horrible gas for like a month I felt awful!)

I love the liners. I breastfeed so we use them 4 nights per week, but overall they are great.

Someone said above that you still have to wash the bottles. Well, technically you do, but we wash all of our baby dishes in straight hot water with gloves to help with sanitizing... if you just run those bottles under the hot water really well that should be just fine. We usually soak our baby dishes in a plastic bin (with soap of course) in the sink for a few min before we wash. If that water is really hot just drop them in there and rinse them off as you wash the other things. No time at all compared to running a bottle brush in and out all around the other bottles. And with any bottle you'll have to wash rings and nipples.

I think you'll like them. The off brand work just as well as the Playtex brand. You can get target brand or Parent's Choice brand at walmart. We mostly use the 4oz bottles even at 6 months old and you can easily fit 5oz into those! And my husband almost never complains of spitting or gas issues and our daughter has reflux. Her spitting is so minimal with these bottles compared to when I nurse her lol

Good luck with your choice, hope I helped a little :)

I loved disposables! They were perfect for on the go and washing nipples and rings is much easier to keep on! The only downer to them is (I would squeeze the air out them to help prevent tummy aches plus other reasons) is sometimes they would burst and make a huge mess! But my kids NEVER had a ear infection and I think some of it is from having a bottle stop flowing if they fall asleep. Also, if you are still nursing, it really helps keep that going because if you push the air out they have to keep sucking to get milk which is like the breast. I hope you will give them a shot, well worth it to my family!

Source(s): Mom of 3 in 3 years.

i tried the liners and to be honest, they arent as convenient as you think. You still have to wash the bottle. some of the milk from the liner tends to still get on the plastic part of the bottle and you still have to wash the nipples and rings. I love my glass bottles!! They are so easy to use and clean. They heat up nicely and stay warm for a long time.

I love my glass bottles vs plastic and vs liners. thats just me.

I love the drop-ins and really cannot think of any con aside from it being somewhat wasteful.

They are obviously easier to wash, very convenient when you're on the go, and the liners aren't THAT expensive(we buy Target's brand and it's $6 for 100 of them and we probably buy them once a month).

I used them with my first child until he was about 6 months old. It took me that long to get fed up with the extra cost. The worst thing was going to fill it with water and having the darn thing collapse. The nipple ring was a pain to get on too. I use Gerber Nuk which has a lot less pieces then Dr. Brown.

You need to weigh the convenience against the costs and also the environmental concerns. I never used bottle liners or disposable diapers.

As far as food products, all food tastes better coming out of glass rather than plastic.