Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

Why does Baby "Bird Man" Williams...?

of Cash Money...call himself Bird Man?

I'm currently having a debate with my 14 yr old who thinks I'm old and don't know anything?

I'd heard it's about him being fly and everything...

but I didn't know anything about a bird being a kilo. That plays no part in my world.

Thanks.

And by the way...my daughter was wrong..lol. Why do teenagers think they know everything?

Favorite Answer

Any young person, or even a bit older people, who knows anything really about gangs or drugs or the streets would know this..........

The "bird call" which he often does in his songs, is the sign for when the cops are comin, or when someone calls and wants some crack or something else........

He means it in the cocaine way though, as in he deals more of it than anyone else, so he's the cocaine aka "Bird" man

It's about drugs a key is called a bird in the streets. And like the other guy said he's fly like a bird.

• borgen

nicely stated ... and that's precisely why I sidestep the term each and each time possible. in spite of everything, only asking approximately or commenting on a acceptance -- sans "toddler" -- ought to be sufficient sufficient. ;) To take your theory a step further, i've got observed that books and websites who purchase into this and place the word "toddler call" suitable of their identify are frequently the least precise by skill of far. itemizing of course incorrect origins and meanings and any and all possible (mis)spellings, possibly in an attempt to up their numbers. in spite of everything, if given the alternative between "899 Names for toddler" and "a million,002 marvelous toddler Names," which might you probably %. up? LOL Conversely, if a e book or website is incredibly dedicated to accuracy, you will no longer likely discover "toddler" everywhere interior the call. in the back of the call, case in point, is truthfully the terrific website i've got discovered for learning the etymology of given names (no longer "toddler names"). ;) i might sidestep everyone or something that infantilizes the entire technique, frankly. As you stated, only because of the fact the names are given at beginning shouldn't negate the reality that they are going to sometime be "person names." :)

everybody knows that a bird is slang for a kilogram of cocaine with a street value of 20k+. but if brian birdman williams says otherwise well than who are we to go against him? lol

• Its a nickname derived from being a drug-pusher.

Birds=grams/kilos, etc.

You know, you would be completely lame if you had said it meant the cartoon character. LOL

Peace,

LCAS

kilo/brick man hahah.

actually he says it's because he's so fly and the #1 stunna

Besides the fact that he's "fly" , he does the whole "bird call" thing and usually that symbolizes when someone is coming, he's the one to flee quickly.

bcuz most rappers lie u aint gon neva kno but its between to things hes either sayin it becuz he say he fly or bcuz he say he a dope dealer

• Cp

Because he has been known for flying over atlanta and shytting on people's cars

• i have no idea. but im not old either, lol.