redjedi182 asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

how much would a crown cost?

I just had a root canal. my insurance covered it completely but they are telling me the crown might require a co payment. i was just wondering what the ballpark for the crown was.

Favorite Answer

copayment on Crowns are HUGE. Insurance usually only covers 50% or so of a Crown. I had a root canal done a few months ago, and the Crown was about $500 for my Co-pay. Expect at least $300.

Side Note: You can wait awhile to get the crown, depending on how much of your tooth they removed. Mine was 80% decay, and I had it done about 3 months ago. I'm still fine, and don't have a crown yet. My Dr doesn't plan on putting on a crown for at least 6 months, while I get the rest of my work done, so that should give you an idea as to how long you can wait...

• G&R

You can expect to pay anywhere between $400 to $600 dollars for a crown. The reason why they cost so much is because the Dr. has to pay the lab to make the crown.

alot...

Source(s): my dumbass answer...