Religion and Spirituality or Religion or Spirituality?

To me, spirituality is a one on one connection with the divine (insert name here). Whereas, religion (insert brand) is a set of doctrines adopted by man. Considering, you can't look up and down at the same time... (meaning: You break the spiritual connection by taking your eyes off her/him/them and you take... show more To me, spirituality is a one on one connection with the divine (insert name here). Whereas, religion (insert brand) is a set of doctrines adopted by man.

Considering, you can't look up and down at the same time... (meaning: You break the spiritual connection by taking your eyes off her/him/them and you take your eyes off them when you look at man.) and seeing that religion is of man...don't the two conflict?
Update: Rodney, I have established my tenets only. Any personal connection with the divine is simply a connection.
Update 2: one: Try to read more than just the tagline

mmm: Thanks, I realize that.
Update 3: chicago bob: first of all, Jesus never wrote anything.... ever. Secondly, I have the spiritual walk, I seek. It may not fit your narrow definition but it suffices me just fine.