Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Who do you Think of When you Hear Jason Alexander?

I want to name my son Jason Alexander, after my brother and father, respectively. However, it is the name of George Constanza from Seinfeld. Would the average person know this? DId you know it? I mean, I want to keep it at Jason Alexander because I love Jay and Jayce as a nick name. Furthermore, it's not like people go around saying their first and middle name, so it's rare that people would hear his first and middle name together and think Seinfeld. What do you think?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have to be honest and say that I IMMEDIATELY though of Seinfeld, but who cares? If you like the name and it's in honor of your family members then do it!

It's not like you are naming your kid Jerry Springer. There are alot more worse people he could share a name with.

• 1 decade ago

It was the first thing that I thought of.

However, unless you are doing two first names, I don't think anyone would care that his first and middle name were the names of George from Seinfeld.

Alternatively, you could do Alexander Jason, which I think sounds equally good. But if you're set on Jay/Jayce, then I think you should go with what you like. Most people don't even know their friends middle names.

• Stina
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I knew it was a Seinfeld name but I don't think it matters because you won't always call him his full name and most people will never know his middle name. I love Jason and the nicknames are super cute! I think Alexander makes a perfect middle name for just about any boy name. It's a 10, go with it! Especially because it has special meaning because of your brother and father.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think of my brother in law, Jason who has a son named Alexander:) I love it, though, go for it. I've never watched Seinfeld and I'm sure there's more of us out there who would never make the connection unless you said something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Seinfeld!

• 1 decade ago

After reading your question and before reading the paragraph afterwards, I immediately thought of George Costanza from Seinfeld. It is an extremely popular show, and I think most people from our generation would make this association.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I didn't know about the Seinfeld guy having that name. I like it, I think that it is such an awesome thing to honor a family member, or in your case, two family members by naming your child after them. I am naming my daughter Kyleigh, after her dad whose name is Kyle Lee. So I absolutely love this name!!

Good luck, and congrats!!

Source(s): 27 weeks prego with #1!
  • 1 decade ago

It sounds good but the reference to seinfeld you might want to consider Jason Alex

• 1 decade ago

George Castanza

• 1 decade ago

I think 'royalty' when I hear it. It's a very regal name. I like both the names and Jay and Jayce are nice nicknames.

Jason has a nice meaning as well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.