Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

I am writing an argumentative essay on how israel is justified in its defense of its country, so far I have...?

A. Hamas has been bombing israel for over eight years, no other country would stand for that, Hamas also has been firing in populated civilian areas. Israel has finally been annoyed enough to start a full scale attack, all they want to for Hamas to stop firing at them.

b.) To Hamas peace is the enemy, they will not negotiate with Israel, that is why israeli forces are heading deeper into Gaza.

Does any one have any more good points??? it has to be 1500 words, and im doing an argumentative essay...

This is my thesis: Israel is justifyed in its defence of its countries and its actions against Hamas, a know terroist organization and enemy.

Thanks!!!

Update:

JAYPAULDINI, WILLI DA WINK, EUROPEAN, ED B - HEY BUDDY WHY DONT YOU TRY LOOKING UP WHAT HAMAS HAS DONE... HMM DOES THAT SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA?? LETS SEE.. THAY ARE KNOWN FOR NUTRITIOUS SUICIDE ATTACKS AND OTHER ATTACKS ON ISRAELI CIVILIANS AND ARE LISTED AS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION BY CANADA, EU, ISRAEL, JAPAN AND THE UNITED STATES. SO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TELL ME CRAP ABOUT ISRAEL, HOW ABOUT YOU LOOK INTO WHAT HAMAS HAS DONE TO ISRAEL... UMM LETS SEE.... EIGHT YEARS OF DROPPING BOMBS ON CIVILIAN POPULATED AREAS... BREAKING CEASE FIRES... WHILE ISRAEL IS ONLY TARGETING HAMAS MILITARY LEADERS, HAMAS IS STUPID ENOUGH TO HAVE THEIR MISSILES LOCATED IN CIVILIAN AREAS!!! ALSO...THEY STORE THEIR WEAPONS IN SCHOOLS AND MOSQUES AND WHEN ISRAEL BLOWS THEM UP, THEY GET NEGATIVE PRESS...ISRAEL TRIES TO MINIMIZE CIVILIAN CASUALTIES THEY SO WHY DONT YOU LOOK AT BOTH SIDES BEFORE YOU CHOOSE ONE!!

DIARRHEA OF THE MOUTH; CONSTIPATION OF THE IDEAS.

Update 2:

THATS WHAT YOU ALL HAVE!! : D CONGRATS! YOU GUYS GAVE ME A LOTTA LAUGHS!!! IF YOU EVER WANT TO DEBATE CALL ME!!! ID LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!

HEY EUROPEAN (HIPPIE) - A) YOU MADE THE ASSUMPTION THAT IAM IN UNIVERSITY. (IM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND I HAVE A HIGHER AVERAGE THAN YOU CAN PROBABLY COUNT TO)

YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN DOING YOUR RESEARCH IN HAMAS PROPAGANDA WEBSITES... HOW ABOUT YOU STAY AWAY FROM THE SITES THAT SAY “THE ENEMY IS PEACE”... AND LOOK AT THE WAR FROM ISRAELIS POINT OF VIEW.... THEN MABEY YOUR TWISTED POINT OF VIEW MAY BE AMENDED...

C)I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT YOU COMPARED THIS TO THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION AND I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND THE RULES OF WAR! ITS NOT MURDER

IF YOUR NOT GOING TO ANSWER MY QUESTION, DONT WASTE YOUR POINTLESS AND BLINDED LIFE ANSWERING MY QUESTION

ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS STUPID OR ARE YOU MAKING A SPECIAL EFFORT TODAY???

Update 3:

ED B) WOW I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST WROTE THAT!!! WOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY... RIGHT SO... I GET IT... UM ISRAELIS ARE TERRORISTS... RIGHT SO YA ... I WOULD CALL YOU STUPID... BUT THAT WOULD BE AN INSULT TO STUPID PEOPLE...

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERY ONE ELSE!!! YOU ALL GAVE INTELLIGENT AND WELL THOUGHT OUT ANSWERS!!! I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT PEOPLES ARGUMENTS AGAINST ISRAEL WOULD BE AND THIS QUESTION REALLY REINFORCED MY IDEAS!!!

Update 4:

JAYJAY, So I was thinking... perhaps your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others, now don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance? Im really sorry but nature sure must have been hard on you!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Hamas strategy for peace:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=umlWYGLixPc

___

Hamas kindergarten graduation ceremony:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHdWgES-Uw

___

Hamas charter:

http://www.mideastweb.org/hamas.htm

http://christianactionforisrael.org/isreport/hamas...

___

Numerous links to clips showing Hamas's propaganda and strategies:

http://godblessisrael.synthasite.com/expose-hamas....

___

Gaza blockaded by the Israelis shows a peaceable environment, plenty of food and a happy and healthy people:

http://www.road90.com/watch.php?id=dx7iNRR9Dw

___

Hamas fired 3 rockets into Israel the very day that they signed a peace agreement on the 18th of June, 2008. Hamas fired 68 rockets at Israel in November of 2008 and 52 rockets into Israel in December of 2008. Between July to October 15 rockets were fired into Israel from Gaza but the people responsible have not been identified. During that time Hamas had developed a plot to abduct yet another Israeli soldier and Israel foiled their plot in the beginning of November - Hamas then began to, again, incessantly fire rockets into Israel.

A town continually under threat has been "Beer Sheva". At one point, 170,000 civilians had to evacuated because Hamas (with better weapons supplied by Iran) was firing rockets at them.

Don't forget about why the wall was built to keep out the Hamas suicide bombers.

- Pepper.

I forgot to mention that Jewish people have lived within Israel for thousands of years (approx. 5,000) and the land that they were given after World War 2 was originally owned by the U.K.; the U.N. (formed after W.W.2) jointly decided with the U.K. that their Middle East, colonial state would be given to the Jews.

There is no state of "Palestine", only a Palestinian people because Yassar Arafat declined to sign an agreement with the U.N. that would have officially outlined Palestine's territory borders sans Israel.

- Pepper.

___

I came across this excerpt in another user's post (RepairmanJack):

"First, we know the terrorist group HAMAS broke the ceasefire within a week of signing it and continued to break it.

June 24, 2008

Three Qassam rockets fired from Gaza on Tuesday struck the Israeli border town of Sderot and its environs, causing no serious injuries but constituting the first serious breach of a five-day-old truce between Israel and Hamas:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rocket_and_mo...

- Pepper.

P.S. I'd ignore the nasty intent in those other people's posts, they do it to everyone.

• 1 decade ago

Terrorists use a counter value targeting technique. They go for the civilians and try to get as high a body count as they can using what weapons they have. If they have a suicide bomber, he goes into a cafe or market place. If they have a home made rocket, they fire it at cities. It is an immoral way to fight as it is deliberate targeting of non-combatants. This was the bombing technique of the British Bomber Command under Air Marshall Harris of WW Two, bombing cities of Germany. It was called "terror bombing." And Germany responded in kind, bombing British cities.

Israel uses a counter force targeting technique. It identifies the military and strategic assets of the enemy and goes after them. It goes for known Hamas strongholds and compounds, known stores of weapons, known leaders of Hamas and anything that can be used by Hamas to further the war. This in an effort to destroy the ability of the enemy to continue the fight. This is the same logic and technique of the USAAF in WW Two, bombing Germany factories, air fields, power plants and other things needed for Germany to fight the war. Except Israel is not even going that far, it is not taking out the infrastructure of the Gaza, they are just going after Hamas.

The justification is in how they fight. One side tries to kill civilians, the other does not. If you believe might makes right you are wrong. That is the logic of terrorists, dictators and immoral nations. The correct view is the means justifies the end. The means used by Israel is moral, that of Hamas is not. And when you look at what both are trying to gain, how they try to gain it shows its value. Hamas wants to install another oppressive Islamic regime, Israel wants democracy and freedom. And the means they each use to achieve their goals show what their goals are.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First you obviously do not understand the rules of War.. first the combatants have to both be armies. Hama as is a democratically elected resistance movement key word being resistance, second key word Occupation.. Every country has the right to resist the occupation by an aggressor and this is the longest and most brutal occupation in modern history. Americans resisted the brits, the french the brits the iraqis the Americans.. and the Afghans the Russians.. by any means necessary. Again I say to you the Key words here are Resistance from Brutal Occupation. any human who wants their freedom have a right to resist occupation of their lands and people, by a any illegal occupier. and considering the Zionist view of the Arab and Vice Versa, well then I expect that politics and racism and hatred will continue to prevail in the struggle between Ham mas and the Israeli government, If Israel did not have America backing their reign of Terror on the people in Palestine then their would be no question of a peace agreement. Israel does not want peace, because that would mean the right of return to Jerusalem of 3 million Palestinians. And so long as the Jewish lobby in the U.S remains strong the Palestinians will not be free and get this. What Israel is doing is only compounding their problems in a region full of Arabs and extremism. So you whom are in defense of mass murder of women and children (WHO ARE NOT FIGHTING) then I say you should begin your universities studies all over again.. because war is stupid and if you truly hold these views, that murder is justified. then you should move to Israel and help the Israelis., I mean after all you are Australian, it should come as a second nature to you anyway. grow up..

• 1 decade ago

I think you would find it much easier to write an essay

subject: What will Israel gain by condemning all aggression in a "E-moral" war against terrorism?

No M**8 I dont support hamas for 1 second ...but!

You need to look more honestly into the history and why???

Time will tell ..

The only good thing about Israel's invasion, is its brought the problem back to news and one more thing anyone who thinks Israel is not a part course of the problem is just wrong

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Israel is a country legitimised by a vote by the U.N. in 1948 and is entitled to protect its borders.

Prior to that the land that the israelis acquired was bought from Arab landowners and not misappropriated.

Israel did not deport the Palestinian people from the land at that time. The Palestinians were forced to flee by their own leaders.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Consider that Hamas is a puppet while its masters reside in Syria and Iran.

The puppet masters would like to have Israel commit a major atrocity. Such an action would isolate Israel in the world community as a pariah state.

Israel is in a fight for its existence. When you are fighting for your life the ends justify the means.

http://www.debka.com/index1.php

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have a big problem, Israel can never justify it's actions, it was formed on the back of terrorism against the wishes of all the Arab nations1 It is illegal! it is immoral! It plans genocide against the indigenous peoples of Palestine!

• 1 decade ago

1. israel has blockaded gaza for 18 months.

2.israel is using bombs banned by the geneva convention.

3. israel does not respect the united nations resolution calling for them to ceasefire, even though israel was formed by the united nations.

4.israel broke its own ceasefire by going inot gaza and killing memebers of hamas.

5.israel is using a sledge hammer to break a walnut.

6 i could go on

• 1 decade ago

You could comment on how the media never talks about how Hamas fires on civilian targets while Israel fires on military targets. You could also comment on how every pro-Palestinian rally turns violent while pro-Israeli rally’s don't...maybe it's just me but I think I see a pattern here.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that must be a real hard essay.

Source(s): if u r really convinced about the subject of the essay , u wouldn't have came here to ask people to help u .
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.