Do many Muslims endorse the fatwa on Madonna?

The report states that an internet site affiliated with Muslim extremists quotes a top official of the Palestinian Popular Front committees' saying "If I meet her? I will have the honor of being first to behead her if they continue to spread their satanic culture against Islam.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1054545.html

I am no fan of Madonna's, but this seems a little harsh. Comments?

Favorite Answer

It's not a fatwa. A fatwa is a judicial ruling by a legal scholar. This is just crackpots making death-threats, of the kind talentless celebrities like Madonna are probably used to getting all the time. Madonna is no Salman Rushdie. And who exactly is the "Palestinian Popular Front"? It sounds like a Pythonesque joke.

I'm not her biggest fan either, but the fact that one Muslim says that doesn't mean every Muslim thinks so. Don't worry, Madonna fans: most Muslims won't, except in a war, kill, least of all a woman. It's because we're not allowed to by our religion.

Also, that news comes from an Israeli site, you be the judge the degree of its objectivity.

Source(s): Holy Koran and Hadith

That's from an Israeli site. If you want to critise muslims, at the very least try quoting something that we actually belive in. Not something that some 'Palestinian' said. Muslims don't believe in this garbage.

To Desiree, i hope your mum, dad, sister, brother, children and whoever you care about get blown up. So you can feel the pain that the innocent Palestinian people feel.

they have no sense of humor and after the riots in dennmark following some cartoons, and other attacks against non muslim people and institutions, i'm not surprised by any hateful fatwa published and will not be surprised if some misguided muslims will take it as god's word and go and fulfill it like they did with the film maker van gogh in holland.

She doesn't even SPREAD it! She's just always been know as a fan of kabbalah! I hope the extremists never find out I made blintzes and goose pate once. Ooooo, scary!

That shows how peaceful that religion is dosn't it?

the answer to your question is they all endorse it by being Muslim associateing and supporting that religion and not converting to a peacful religion

Despicable as these death threats are, I think I could live without her silly music or Rushdie's dreadful books.

she probably deserves it. I'm atheist and i fully endorse a fatwa on madonna

*imagines Madonna's head on a spike*

That was disturbing.

But but madonna is cool because she loves sex and makes fun of Christians.... and Muslims are cool because um... they're not terrorists and Islam is a religion of peace! If you think otherwise you are a brainwashed bigot! um so I um... *head explode*