Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 1 decade ago

Why is Benitez the bravest manager in the history of English football?

He speaks the truth and laughs at Ferguson's FA oppression. That's hot!

jesus pfc!! thats not an answer, thats a UN resolution

• Favorite Answer

He deserves some credit for speaking out against Ferguson. It was high time someone did.

He did speak the truth, but let's look at the REAL truth!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors...

Source(s): That link was for fun. Don't take it to heart.

Can't agree, my dear little ex-pirate turned revolutionary. You are clearly too young to remember the redoubtable Brian Clough who was always at odds with the establishment and quite fearless. He never got the England manager's job because the FA feared he wouldn't stand for any nonsense, doing whatever he believed was right and brooking no meddling from others. Even his own Chairman had to get used to being told about completed transfer deals after the event.

No has come close to matching Clough although I suppose those to be mentioned in despatches would include Matt Busby, Bobby Roson and Bill shankly - all way ahead of Mr Benitez.

For his sake, we must hope Rafa has evidence to support the vague accusations and that rascal Ferguson won't have the last laugh.

(Nice photo - who is she ?)

My top candidates would be Bob Paisley, Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough. Bob Paisley may have won 4 European Cups but I believe that Fergie winning 2 and the countless Premierships and other cups is a better acievement. I feel this because I believe that European football is overall a lot stronger now than in the past. Also, the number of teams he has built and nurtured has to be admired. Clough managed to win European Cups with Forrest and his achievements at Derby were also amazing. I personally believe in Fergie, however it's all open to debate.

RaFART Benitez wants to walk into the lion's mouth and be eaten up by the lion.And the lion is none other than the great legendary one and only universal Sir Alex Ferguson.

• renoir

The truth... That's questionable, I think it has more to do with ingratiating himself with the most fickle and insecure fans in English football. He knows that slating Ferguson to Liverpool fans will reduce the impact of their hatred when he loses the title race. It wasn't so long ago that they were giving him hell for his rotation system, but wait, wasn't it after the draw with Stoke that they were questioning his tactics, especially leaving Torres and Keane out. Maybe if he had saved his comments until after the game; if they had won, it would have had more impact. As it was, it just made him look stupid and petty, but I expect, given your name, you will write off my comments as being irrelevant nonsense or worse.

Not that's stupidity. He's won bugger all in the Premiership and goes after SIR Alex Ferguson. I liked it thought, it means Ferguson is in his head, just before a game against Stoke whom you drew with already Rafa isn't thinking about that match or tactics but instead about SAF and United, shows he is terrified and knows it's slipping away. Good to see him revert back to his brilliant rotation plan too, why start Torres or Keane upfront. The title is now United's to lose while Liverpool and Chelsea start to fall apart.

He is playing to the mob mentality of United haters. A large audience, granted but doesn't change things. Rafa is frustrated and it's showing.

i remember another brave man a few years ago, Kevin keegan

here are Rafas facts and the fiction behind them

FICTION 1: "Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything."

FACT 1: Rafael Benitez, September 2007: "We will be talking to the Premier League about this because it is not fair. I don't know if it is possible to change these fixtures in the New Year, but I hope so because, in the last few years, we have played more games on a Saturday than anyone and more away games than anyone. There are too many early kick-offs and I am not pleased about the situation at all." FICTION 2: "You can see every single week how they put (referees) under pressure, we know this. We have seen it before. We have seen players sent off at Old Trafford and we do not see our opponents sent off."

FACT 2: Opposition players sent off at Old Trafford in the league this season - none. Stoke's Andy Wilkinson is the only player to be sent off against United in the Premier League this season. Opposition players sent off against Liverpool this season - five, including Nemanja Vidic of Manchester United.

FICTION 3: "Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage.

FACT 3: Last time ED checked everyone had to play everyone else twice - surely the order in which you play your games is irrelevant. And it's not like United covered themselves in glory in their away games against the top four - one point out of nine hardly represents a fantastic advantage.

FICTION 4: "At Christmas, United played on the 29th and the rest of the teams played on the 28th. We were away against Newcastle two days after playing Bolton. They were playing about 40 hours later, they were not complaining then.

FACT 4: United played 31 hours later, but their opponents Middlesbrough also had the benefit of an extra day's rest so it wasn't much help. And Liverpool's game against Newcastle was so one-sided they would have exerted themselves more by staying in and watching Wallace and Gromit. Plus, to be really pedantic, Aston Villa - who are level on points with United - played Hull on Tuesday 30.

FICTION 5: "There are two options if we don't want more problems with fixtures. One is the same as in Spain, the draw for the first part of the league is known, everyone knows which weekend. In the second-half everyone plays the opposite, so you all know.

FACT 5: That wouldn't help at all. You all know your fixtures anyway, and a Spanish system wouldn't stop United playing all of the Big Four at home in the second half of the season.

FICTION 6: "During the Respect campaign - and this is a fact - Mr Ferguson was charged by the FA for improper conduct after comments made about Martin Atkinson and Keith Hackett. He was not punished. He is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things.

FACT 6: Harry Redknapp can also get away with it, having got off scot-free for this pop at Steve Tanner: "He's a poor referee and I've seen him make a mess of so many games. I couldn't even put into words what I thought of his performance. I walked into the referee's room before the game and saw who was refereeing and I knew what was coming. I expected that sort of performance. I've had him before many times and I know what he's like. He's really not good enough.

FICTION 7: "I will be watching United's game with Chelsea. The result does not matter to us, if we win at Stoke that result does not matter.

FACT 7: Sorry, that one was a fact

Sheesh what's next, Heffner?

No , I honestly think he's just shot himself in the foot , I really do , but I can see Untied slipping up at one of the relegation teams this season .