Attention Witches! Is there some kind of mythical Witch hell or purgatory?

I'm dreaming up a fantasy story and need some kind of bad place or spiritual jail where a Witch who has done something bad might be sent. Of course, this would be some mythical place ... Celtic? Fairy? Alexandrian? I don't want to use the Christian hell or purgatory in a Witchy fantasy, so please help me out.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hell is not a christian term, nowhere in the christian bible will you find the word hell in the original text,

Hel is the Norse traditions underworld, it represents the grave and is ruled over by the daughter of Loki, Hela, a goddess and frost giantess.

Just another fine example of where the christian mythos is nothing more than a fusing of all the other myths of the world.

Use hAdes in the story, or Hell or just the term Underworld (that would be my choice)

• Ana
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You could just go with some generic version of the "Underworld"--maybe incorporating the Goddess Hel in there somewhere maybe?

• hy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

relies upon on the Wiccan witch in question. quite neither witchcraft nor Wicca demands concept (or non-concept) in such issues. human beings positioned all forms of issues of their Books of Shadow.

• 1 decade ago

No.

We are smart enough to realise that the church made the whole thing up to scare pagans into converting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it would all depend on what deities they follow. That show Charmed makes a lot of things up (they pull a lot of things out of their ***) so why cant you?

also wikipedia and google may have the answer ;)

• Katja
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

there is always the "7 gates" look up the tale of Freya. that should help you.

Source(s): Pagan
  • 1 decade ago

hell is doing something bad and having it come back to you three fold.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, hell is hell!

• 1 decade ago

lol Yes ...Church.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.