First time home buyer with VA loan, how much should I have to pay at closing?

We are military and decided to buy our first home in April when we move to Ft Campbell KY. I already filled out a pre approval form with our Bank USAA and got pre approved for the $150,000.00 that we applied for. We decided to use our VA benefits and get a VA loan. Now USAA said we are pre-approved BUT we would have to pay $7500 in closing cost.

Does that seem a bit high??? One of my husbands friends said that he did not have to pay anything except a few fees which were a few hundred dollars but nowhere near $7500.

When I typed in the information on USAA's calculator for the amount of 139 900.00 it added up the loan to 142 000.00 and then an additional 7500 in other fees. I thought there was no downpayment with VA loans. Sounds to me like a rip off. Any advice?

Best Answer

We just used my husband's VA loan and there is no down payment, but you do have to have earnest money usually 1-5% of the house price, you have to pay for inspection,and appraisal....the taxes and insurance are included in your closing cost. The house we got the owners were asking 129,900 and they were moving out of state the week we put our offer in, we offered them 113,000 plus they pay full closing costs. They agreed our closing costs on 113,000 plus the VA funding which made our loan a total of 115,700, our closing costs were 3,900. If you find a home try to bargain with the closing costs. USAA Is who we use for our bank and truck insurance ,we went through a mortgage company to get our loan we were loacked in at 5.0% interest. USAA isnt ripping you off. Whatever you do, do not get your home owners insurance through USAA they are very expensive...they quoted us 170 a month we went to a local copany and they got it for us with more insurance value for 80 a month. Good Luck

Source(s): Army Wife ~~~ 15 years and still going strong
  • Hugh

For Credit and finance solutions I always recommend this site where you can find all the solutions. http://your-finance.us/index.html?src=fey8klJOES

RE :First time home buyer with VA loan, how much should I have to pay at closing?

1 following 5 answers

Source(s): For Credit and finance solutions I always recommend this site where you can find all the solutions. http://your-finance.us/index.html?src=fey8klJOES

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

We are military and decided to buy our first home in April when we move to Ft Campbell KY. I already filled out a pre approval form with our Bank USAA and got pre approved for the $150,000.00 that we applied for. We decided to use our VA benefits and get a VA loan. Now USAA said we are pre-approved...

Source(s): time home buyer va loan pay closing: https://biturl.im/UGacB
  • appel

Usaa Va Mortgage Calculator

• Pengy

Closing costs are not associated with down payment and the VA will not finance closing costs accept the VA fee. You also need to come up with the good faith payment (reimbursed at closing) appraisal fees, pest inspection, inspection fees, one years insurance etc. You can have the sellers pay the actual closing costs up to 6%. In other words you can get 100% financing for the cost of the home but not everything else that goes with purchasing a home.

im looking for a va loan for a house in florida the loan would be less than 50,000 what would be my rate and I have average credit score

GET A FAST LOAN FROM A TRUSTFUL AND RELIABLE COMPANY WITH LOW INTEREST RATE CONTACT VIA EMAIL:finance.ericson@hotmail.com

Was asking myself the same thing