Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

Why can't a young (27), plus size (16), pretty, healthy woman be beautiful just the way she is?

I am a real woman. Wide hips and ample bosom. Active and have always been poplular. Just one question on my mind.....Why can't people just see me as a whole and not just a "pretty face". I hate hearing "you could be so pretty if.." Why can't I just be accepted now as is? You thoughts please?

thanks silver moon way to be an a hole

Favorite Answer

Beauty comes from within. Society has made such a clear image of what women should look like, but not all women look the same, and that is what makes them beautiful and unique.

I think you should take a look at this video :)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids....

If she has a pretty face people accept her as beautiful. But to be perfectly honest, for the most part when you are plus size all the weight shows in your face and makes the face more rounder taking out all the angles and hiding the bone structures necessary to have a pretty face. In addition, it has to do with the media. Now, slim people are considered beautiful and not plus size. Also, men (in an evolutionary sense) tend to associate someone being too big (along with too skinny, not clear complexion) with unhealthiness which is associated with unattractiveness. It may not be true but that's just the way it is.

Being pretty isnt about how small or how big you are, it's about confidance and loving yourself. dont listen to people who want to change you because theyre just too self centered and threatened by you - the horror- a woman that is prettier just happends to be a bigger dress size. tell them to just **** off, because as long as you're loving who you are, all the hate doesnt make a difference.

That's hat my mom has been telling me since my teenage years. I've never been skinny nor obese but she always been saying "you could be so much prettier if..."

Well if we feel happy how we are, why do other people always think that we need to lose weight to be completely happy in our life? This is the weirdest thing. You could assure them that you feel fine in your own skin but they just think you're in denial or something.

Kuddo for your comment

Like I reported final time, maximum of those "authentic women persons" magazines and exhibits in lots of situations coach women persons who're slightly obese to contemporary a planned and obtrusive assessment to the catwalk fashions so as that they could make their element. It additionally makes the authentic standard woman sense greater beneficial approximately herself and be greater susceptible to purchase the mag that pictures "authentic" women persons actual being larger than her - so the mag makes commonly used women persons sense greater beneficial than commonly used. sturdy corporation prepare. it is all it is. corporation gimmickry may well be a larger term, i think of. yet sure, I for sure do agree catwalk fashions would be disgustingly skinny.

Because those who judge you are complete morons and should be tossed into a tank with a hungry shark. happy new year.

your beautiful the way you are just ignore those people are just idiots

anyone can be beautiful, and im sure you are.

no matter what

cause people are assholes. don't let it bother you. trust me

cuz you really would be prettier if you lost "you know what"....

Good luck