Kathy L asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

NY Giants Draft Idea?

Since the Giants don't need to fill up that many gaps this offseason, who thinks that it would be a smart idea to trade up to get TxTech WR Michael Crabtree since they need a receiver?

Update:

i know hes going in the top 5. i said they could trade up, whether it be draft picks or players. im just saying that they could afford to trade away draft picks because they dont have too many holes on their team other than a WR and LB.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

That's a good idea since Plaxico is out and Toomer is getting old. And since Hixon is carrying the load Plaxico left behind it would be good to get another wide receiver to share the burden. Eli Manning could also use another reliable target.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is no way they could trade up to get Crabtree, and they probably couldn't get Maclin either. They might be able to get Darrius Heyward-Bey with the pick they already have. There are good DEs and OLBs that will be available then too.

• 1 decade ago

Good idea but they would need to trade all their picks to move up in the top 5 (where Crabtee is projected) but they would most likely have to go in the top 3 since Seattle is rumored to select him with No.4...so i doubt it

• 1 decade ago

They will have to give up one hell of a player, because Crabtree is projected to go in the Top 5

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LOL giants have the 28 pick he is going to be picked with in 4 picks in the first round

no one is going to give up on him

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They have a perfect defence. I'd say they need a good wide receiver.

• 1 decade ago

Too bad it won't happen.

• 1 decade ago

lmao he'll be gone before they can think it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.