Where can I find romantic quotes?

I need them to go on our save the date cards for out wedding.. I want just a quote not a poem or a story... PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks so much!

Best Answer

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."

- Robert Frost

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

- Helen Keller

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

- Judy Garland

"Love is an energy which exists of itself. It is its own value."

- Thornton Wilder

"Love sought is good, but given unsought is better."

- William Shakespeare

"There is nothing holier in this life of ours than the first consciousness of love, the first fluttering of its silken wings."

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."

- Aristotle

"There is no remedy for love but to love more."

- Thoreau

"Where there is love there is life."

- Gandhi

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance."

- Oscar Wilde

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

-1 Corinthians 13:4-7

"There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved."

- George Sand

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage."

- Lao Tzu

"The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss."

- Unknown

"The best feelings are those that have no words to describe them...."

- Michelle Hammersley

"Love is a little haven of refuge from the world."

-Bertrand A. Russell

"The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart."

- Timothy Titcomb (J.G. Holland)

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride whorthwhile."

- Franklin P. Jones

"Love builds bridges where there are none."

- R.H. Delaney

"It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all."

- William Thackeray

"Talking of love is making it."

- William G. Benham

"The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along."

- Maulana Jalalu'd din Rumi

"I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."

- Roy Croft

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could."

- Barbara De Angelis

"You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."

- Unknown

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."

- Saint-Exupery

"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."

- Unknown

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

- Sam Keen

"Love is always bestowed as a gift -- freely, willingly, and without expectation.... We don't love to be loved; we love to love."

- Leo Buscaglia

"You love simply because you cannot help it."

- Kim Anderson

"Love is the life of the soul. It is the harmony of the universe."

- William Ellery Channing

"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."

- Henry Drummond

"A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one."

- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

"Love is, above all, the gift of oneself."

- Jean Anouilh

"Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable."

- Henry Ward Beecher

Source(s): Here are some quotes since the others beat me to the websites.

There is a new book called, Six-Word Memoirs of Love and Heartbreak. I think it has some amazingly beautiful quotations plus if you need a little gift (the book is not expensive) for anyone at your wedding, it would be a lovely choice. You can read all about the book at http://www.squidoo.com/six-word-memoirs-on-love-an... .

A couple of examples from the book:

"A kiss can write a secret."

"She kissed me and said yes."

Brenda

• google 'romantic quotes' or 'romantic wedding quotes' or pretty much any Shakespeare sonnet would do

--x--

• hassen

now and returned, precise interior the midst of an basic existence, love supplies us a fairytale. i desire to be the only one to get the prospect to work out how outstanding you relatively are To the international you may nicely be one guy or woman, yet to a minimum of one guy or woman you may desire to be the international.