Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 教育及參考書其他 - 教育 · 1 decade ago

Early admission scheme for LLB

i scored 6A*(incl ch) 4A(incl Eng and Eng Lit) 1B in GCSE 2008, can someone tell me my chances in applying for EAS admission thru non- jupas to CU and HKU for LLB?

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Your chance of admission to HKU LLB through EAS is zero.

Universities generally treat 8A* in GCSE as equivalent to 6A in HKCEE. Therefore, you do not meet the EAS admission requirement, unless you have some truly exceptional non-academic achievements.

HKU

http://www.hku.hk/admission/non-local.htm

For students sat for GCSE / IGCSE in 2008:Grade A* in 8 or more subjects in GCSE / IGCSE;

or Grade A* in 7 subjects and Grade A in 2 or more subjects, with exceptional non-academic performance;

or Grade A* in 6 subjects and Grade A in 4 or more subjects, with exceptional non-academic performance;

or Grade A* in 5 subjects and Grade A in 5 or more subjects, with truly outstanding leadership and/or performance in extra-curricular activities. Examples of exceptional non-academic performance and leadership:

Student leadership (e.g. Head Prefect) National level prizes or awards in academically-related or non-academic areas, including music, debating, visual arts and drama National level sports competition winner

CUHK

However, CUHK treats 6A* as sufficient for EAS consideration. I would not say you stand a big chance, but I think you have around 30% or 40% chance of getting in.