Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 decade ago

hi! i am going to nyc in spring. what airport should i fly into?

i am flying from las vegas!

John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)

LaGuardia Airport (LGA)

Newark International Airport (EWR)

Favorite Answer

My friend, since you're traveling on a transcontinental flight, my advice land at either JFK or Newark-Liberty. You will have go public transportation access from either airport into Manhattan.

I hope this information very helpful. If you have any questions or need travel directions while in town, just drop me a line by clicking on the avatar and e-mail icon in the profile. I'll be glad to help.

Good luck

Source(s): native

JFK. Getting anywhere from LGA is a pain. Newark is fairly easy to get into town from too. Both JFK and Newark have better transportation (the air train)

• Sara

Depends on how much time you want to spend getting into Manhattan and how adventurous you're feeling. JFK is what most of my friends use, and I've never had a problem with that airport. However, once I flew in to the airport on Long Island and took the train in. It took a couple of hours longer, but it was a little more scenic. :)

Kennedy is the best if you're going to Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island or Long Island, but it's a little farther from Manhattan than the others.

Newark is fairly close to Manhattan, but it would be a long drive from there to most of the other boroughs.

LaGuardia is in Queens and very close to both Manhattan and the Bronx, but it is a little disorganized. If you're having someone pick you up there, make sure they know exactly where to go.

I am flying into Newark XD

EWR is where I usually go. It's easier to get into the city from there, but that's just my opinion.

newark