Christians - Favorite Bible Verse?

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. After I became a Christian, I still struggled with addiction, to both drugs... show more 2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

After I became a Christian, I still struggled with addiction, to both drugs and cigarettes. I was in one of those "Oh God, I'm weak, I'm foolish, I can't do anything right, I can't quit smoking, I can't quit using, I'm not worthy of you at all" moods. Maybe you've been there.

I felt compelled to open my Bible and those were the first words that hit my eyes. Interestingly, as I continued to flip through the pages that night, that same verse was brought to my attention three different times.

That night I threw the cigarettes and drugs in the trash and havn't touched them since.