How does inspiration work?

You know the scene. You have been wondering about a question that has eluded you a long time then suddenly the light goes on in your head. I call it a Ah - Ha. Then answer usually comes complete & it could take days for you to see all it's implications.

Exactly what is that process or mechanism? Do you use it & if so is it a conscious process for you?

Thanks for answering & Blessings!

Favorite Answer

Inspiration happens when the mind lets go of thinking long enough for the answer to bubble up from the great unmanifested ocean of awareness within.

The process is to stop trying to think of the answer and accept that you do not know. Focus on the great empty stillness within and all around you and just be with not knowing. Allow the inspiration to come in its own time or not, there is no desire or wanting... just acceptance. Then it comes now, later or not at all, it doesn't matter when or if. Usually it comes sooner rather than later.

Yes it is conscious and perpetual.

Source(s): Life

Okay Something that inspires me --- 1.Some of the principles told in Bhagavadh Gita 2.Some self improvement books like "Book of historic failures", that was a wonderful book which made me look at life at a completely new angle Someone who inspires me I wont say exactly inspire,but when I look at these people I become spell bound its BruceLee, Michael Jackson, Steve Irwin(Iam an animal lover so I have to include him)

• sam

Mind is bio magnetic waves generated by life energy particles known as soul. Brain is the important organ for the functioning of mind. Mind function at various frequency; normally between 14 t0 17 cycles per second and it will increase beyond 17 c/s on angry mood or worries etc but go less than 14 c/s during sleep or calm & peaceful tendency and meditation time. All our actions (thoughts, words & deeds) are getting imprinted in our body skins, brains, soul, sexual vital fluid bio magnetic field and universal magnetic field. When our thought frequency match with others frequency of living people mind or Universal magnetic field imprints it will induce inspiration / Intuition and then suddenly comes by that way only.

This is a great question! From what I can tell, it either comes from within us or outside of us....or maybe a combination of both. When I'm in a "high" headspace, it feels like my consciousness and the universe are all part of the same thing, and, often, when I'm writing, it feels like that thing you hear about just being the vessel that the words are coming through. I'm enthusiastically interested in the nature of consciousness, and how we experience our lives. So far, I can't find anything more wonderful, powerful, important or interesting than love, and I feel like I'm just a beginner. Blessings to you!

i saw your question yesterday... and didn't know how to respond... (i like to think about my responses sometimes...)

for me... inspiration is a blessing of our LORD.

i see others here who have inspired questions and answers... and i appreciate the fellowship, sharing and learning that takes place.

i am very grateful.

i do not believe that we get inspiration from any source but the Divine source of God (Psalm 112:1) and i like to spend time meditating on His Word through Sacred Scripture... (and sometimes i find that to be a Dictionary).

sometimes inspiration IS a conscious process for me... and i will open my Qur'an, Bible or other books to a random page and let the inspiration flow... here i will try it.

from the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary...

page 325 "It is through thought that we unify ourselves with God, Spirit, and with our outer organism and world."

i believe that inspiration is constantly available for those of inquiring minds, and that with humility comes understanding. i pray for that understanding and when i am not arrogant... it usually comes.

i give all the credit to God...

for without His wisdom...

i find myself to be ignorant.

peace and loving thoughts.

sean

edit: your question inspired me to consult the Dictionary...

inspiration: 1.a. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity. b. The condition of being so stimulated. 2. An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention. 3. Something, such as a sudden creative act, that is inspired. 4. The quality of inspiring or exalting. 5. Theo. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of a human being. 6. The act of drawing in, esp. the inhalation of air into the lungs.

Thank you for the inspiration. :)

• James

When the objective comes into focus.

Why did men build spires? We all aspire to have one point of focus, then we can see with a single eye and are inspired in all we do. :-) The process... Focus on being the truth in all you do, realize the mistakes and continue to improve. Ever the goal will grow before your eyes. The mechanism is making darkness into light.

I would say It is more than one connection in the brain. I say its a brain united with connection. Lots of love it is true.

Intuition. It happens mostly in those in whom the forces of ego/thoughts/conscious mind is less. It may also indicate the dominance of the right brain(in the right handed) that is more related to non verbal, non rational mode of processing information. A mind without thoughts is filled often with such intuition/inspiration because it will me in tune with reality, then.

Yes, it sort of unfolds like a flower blooming doesn't it.

I feel that it is the product of a close connection with spirit.

A sincere desire to understand the truth seems to be the trigger.

It only seems to start once you realize that you want the best possible outcome for everyone involved in all of your interactions.

Bob Monroe described in in his OBE books as a package.

Love and blessings Don

• It is just stream of consciousness from the light within. When the time is right for the light to reach out and touch the part of me to see and understand, then the Ah Ha is ignited. My heart, mind and body have to be in some sort of balance and awareness. There has to be a "mowing of the weeds" to get the light bulb to turn on.

Peace.

Amanda

Source(s): Inner sanctum

that what happens there, is that the mind gives up trying to figure it out and leaves a gap for the higher consciousness to enter, which is unlimited, in opposite to the conditioned mind which is limited to past read and heard knowledge and past history.

my teacher calls it "to un-clutch". unclutch your day to day thinking, realize that you haven't found the answer yet, surrender to the higher intelligence, which is not only able to run your bodymind but also the whole planet and existence itself and be blessed with insight.

it is a simple yet powerful mechanism.