How can I help my sister get away from her abusive boyfriend?This is very serious and long?

My sister has been with this man or should I say boy for 2yrs or so,they have a beautiful little girl,her boyfriend already has one kid from a previous relationship of 5yrs before he met my sis,now to make this short his baby's mother literally lives right down the street from them,as with every relationship I understand they go through arguments,but my sister bf just takes it to another level,he has busted her lip pull a knife out on her,cut the palm of her hand while blocking and he then have the nerve to say sorry,he has locked her up in a basement tied up and all while she was pregnant and just this past weekend on Friday I witnessed his temper and his abuse myself,after my sister finding a phone number that he had 3 weeks ago,she wanted me to call the girl's number from my cell,while my sister's bf was sleeping in the other room,after finding out that he had met this girl at her place of work last Monday and that they hung out for the night,my sister of course was furious, her bf who we thought was asleep over heard what we had found out, automatically they started to argue,I then went to the other room where my niece was cause she was crying to calm her,then I hear something slamming and I came out to see him in front of my sister face looking like he wanted to hit her so I said your not gonna do this in front of me and get away with it,so he went into the room and took out a long knife and charge at me,at this point I'm trying not to show any fear but hoping my sister would say or do something,so she finally yelled out for him to stop,then he got in her face with the knife while carrying her daughter,What can I do as a sister?When my sister doesn't see how dangerous he really is,it's like she does but doesn't take him serious,I have offer for her and my niece to move in with me and she would agree but never falls through with it,I don't wanna call CPS cause they can complicate things by taking her child away and involve unnecessary bull-sh*t.How can I convince her and help her make a solid plan on leaving him, she already has told that she isn't happy at all with him but does not know where to start to move on away from him she is only 22 and he's like almost 30 he's too damn grown to be acting this way.Please help with sincere advices only

Favorite Answer

Get her out of there as soon as possible. This is an extremely toxic environment for your sister and her child. If she can stay with you, then do that. If not, try to find her another place ASAP. She can even stay in a women's shelter for awhile if necessary. Whatever she does, you will probably want to get the police involved. He sounds like a dangerous person and you do not want him to try and come after her or her daughter once she leaves him. If she just flat out refuses to leave, try to at least get her to see a counselor or therapist. Maybe she needs a professional to tell her she is in a bad place and needs to leave. I wish I could help more, and best of luck to you and your sister.

It's your responsibility as a witness and worried sister to contact the appropriate authorities. By failing to act you are practically an accomplice to the abuse. File a report with the police and keep on filing every instance of abuse you witness until they arrest him. Maybe CPS needs to place the child in foster care while she gets herself in a safe place of respect for herself. This little girl is in danger as well as your sister and I don't see how you could not act in this situation.

Pleas encourage her to go to therapy right away, the person will give her advice she needs to hear without you getting hated or in trouble by the jerk. Let her know you are always there to support her in her decisions and offer to help if you can

OMG!

u have got to get her away from that MAN!!!!

that is scary!

LOCKING HER IN THE BASEMENT, WHILE PREGNANT and tied up!!!

Thats not rite!

U NEED TO GET UR SIS AND TAKE HER IN HER SLEEP TO UR HOUSE if u have to!!!

GOSH.

and she has a baby.

22 and 30 is a huge difference.

How did she meet this guy???

U can email me to talk about this if u want?

Its... amarita_12345@hotmail.com

Im so srry btw.

=((

well u could call the cops but that won't work as u said. if it were mean i would call the cop. and maybe they will let u keep the child in order of the court.

oh my god, that's terrible!! you need to anonymously call the cops or an abuse hotline. since she is an adult, you should try the police first. they are better with dealing with dangerous people.