Atheists..is this evidence of God?

Please read all if you want to answer, I don't like answers like "I didn't read the whole thing..your God just doesn't exist..sorry"

I have gotten answers like this, and feel that its just pointless to even answer not having read the entire question. So please, if you answer, I'm assuming you have read the ENTIRE thing.

Okay..before I begin I'm just going to answer these fallacies I get all the time when I post a question like this.

#1:"There is tons of slavery in the Bible, what kind of all loving God would promote this?"

What a straw man, just because there is slavery in the Bible does not mean that it is ordained by God. Just because something is in the Bible does not mean it necessarily is ordained by God. Ecclesiastes 10:19 says money answers everything.

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine Maker merry: but money answerer all thing."-KJV

Since the Bible says that it "must" be ordained by God.(lol) No. This just proves you people clearly do not know how to read the Bible. Yeah, I've visited the infamous website EvilBible.com. Everything about the Bible on that website is just taken out of context. I have spoken to atheists on the web and they tell me that they have read the WHOLE Bible yet they still can't seem to Believe in the Christian(if not a) God. Atheists may read the whole Bible, yet you read it with your mind made up. You read it looking for contradictions yet you can't even see the truth in it. I seldom read the Bible, and when I do read it, I almost can hear God's voice speaking to me. I read it with an open heart, not a biased one. Call me delusional or a "fundie" if you like.You say the Bible was written by primitive men. IF primitive men even existed, according to my study of history, they were really dumb. How can someone who has the knowledge of a monkey write such epic timeless stories about how to live life?

There is such so much detail put into the Bible you know cavemen did not create such a book out of their imagination.

Fallacy #2: ".Uh...whats the difference between believing in God and the tooth fairy, or zues, or(my favorite) the flying spaghetti monster?

I hear this one SO MANY TIMES!!

..Basically the difference between believing in God and those things is that IF they did exist, why would you put them on the level of God? You KNOW these things were merely creations of men, (especially the flying spaghetti monster) and can simply cross out that possibility out. Does the flying spaghetti monster have a Holy Book which prophecies things that are being fulfilled AS I SPEAK? No. It doesn't.

#3: "Why would an all loving God, allow hurricanes, and starving children?" Well that's a good question I must admit, even some Christians(like my mother for example) believe that God is the cause of this.

God allows children to be starving because he allows satan to wreak havoc. We are just born into a bad world, a bad society filled with pornography,(which is extremely easy to access) terrorism, wars and rumors of wars. I think these innocent children who die of starvation will go up to Heaven(considering that if they are ages 1-10) and be with God, and not have to suffer from the sins of man.I lost twin cousins in a miscarriage and know that that is not God. We are clearly in the end times.Would a loving God give you a second life? Would he warn you about Hell? Would a loving God tell you exactly how to get into Heaven? That sounds loving to me.

Now the "evidence".

Revelation 9-17

"And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat, having breastplates of fire, and jacinth, and brimstone, and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimtstone." (KJV)

Okay when I first read this, I took it literally.. when its actually metaphoric. Its metaphoric because Saint John the Divine did not know how to describe these thing in the future without the only knowledge he knew back in his time. How can he describe a tank when he lives in a time when people don't even know what a phone is?

Do you know what I am saying?

So lets break this down..The horses are clearly participating in some kind of war. Since this war has yet to happen, we know they can't be actual horses. To John, the only thing mobile at the time that is used for warfare(besides chariots) are horses. We don't use horse anymore for warfare, we use TANKS! How do I know he is talking about tanks? The last part of that scripture-"...and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone." What modern warfare technology fires fire and smoke? Clearly tanks!

http://www.photochart.com/data/media/12/Abrams_Tan...

Does that picture not look like the last part of the Scripture? Like I said before, atheists read the Bible looking for the contridiction. They have a biased heart before they even begin to read it. Atheists, apparently you missed something:)

So how can a man see tanks about 1900 year

Some was cut off..

So how can a man see tanks about 1900 years before they were invented? Through God! If you believe this Scripture to be true, it authenticates the Bible as being the true Word of God, and that God exists, and the Christian God is "the" only God.

None of this was copy/pasting, I did a lot of inquisitive thinking to back up my Beliefs.

Have a good day

(for atheists who read this, and still don't believe)(-which of course I'm sure there is going to be one who still is stuck in the atheism paradox)

God Bless

(For Christians who read and Believe)

For those people who are going to say "I didn't read the whole thing..your God just doesn't exist..sorry" (yes there have already been two)

You know that just shows the very definition of atheism..the ignorance. When God(and know I don't say this with enjoyment like other Christians do) asks you why did'nt you accept Jesus as Saviour in Heaven do not tell Hime we did not warn you. Some Christians enjoy the idea of an atheists going to hell, and they want to say "I told you so." We live a short life of a possible 3,787,20,000 seconds on this planet and then its up. If you find yourself in Hell, I'm sorry, I tried my hardest to convert you to the truth. I find it almost sickening to believe this is the only life you live.

With all due respect

I am going to keep posting REALLY long questions like this(and answer the questions I'm getting to this one) until someone decides to step up to the plate and actually regain their Faith.

(considering most atheists were Christians, before they decided to read "The God delusion", or just the fleshly questioning like-"why would and omnipotent God kill children?" Questioning is the basis for this whole anti-God belief.

To username: "RETURN OF THE FIST"

Fallacy one... complete irrelavent bollocks... god also slaughters all life on earth with a flood, consistantly demands animal sacrifice and frequently sends plauges and or famine... by comparison slavery is not so important.

You my friend, prove my very point. You know absolutely nothing about Christianity do you?

Its just like some Creationists know nothing about evolution.(which I know about evolution, yet I don't believe it")

God does not demand animal sacrifices anymore, we are in the New covenant. Since Jesus died, He is the ultimate sacrifice. You can't distinguish the difference between the old Testament, and the NT. You have to not dwell on The Law.

Atheists..know nothing..

To username: "Im a fly"

What are you trying to say? I attended a Christian school for 6 years and know there are some Christians who are not necessarily the nicest people..

Someone may be a Christian but that does not mean you are perfect. I have some friends who are hypo-Christians..atheists and Christians are in the same boat together my friend. The boat of sin.

To "jeffrey S."

I have a rebuttal to those statements-I'll answer them next time I ask a ridiculously long question like.It will be included in the next one..you have good points.

Thank you for your answer.

To "return of fist" again, I see your point now. Yet when Jesus said to follow the OT law I think He means to try to be as good as a human as possible. Your rebuttal is not valid since you still say nothing about those animals sacrifices...

Once again, Jesus did not want a legalist view of the Law, but He emphasized the spirit of the Law. After the death and resurrection of Christ, He ended those Old Testament TRADITIONS (ex. animal sacrificing)

Favorite Answer

For the first question... I have read some of the bible before and I just can't sink my head into the crap that it's feeding you guys and I don't know how you can believe that someone lived for 500 some years and then died when most people are barely reaching 80 right now and before it was a miracle if you lived to 40. The second one, God was also a creation of man. Easy as that. The third one, at this point its obvious that there is no god so why would you even ask such a question.

Please read all if you want to respond. I don't like responses like "I didn't read the whole thing . . . you're just wrong . . . sorry"

(Note also the proper use of the ellipsis [ . . .]; it's three dots, not two).

Anyway, you've got to be kidding me. The Book of Revelation is supposed to have been written in the late 1st Century. Horses were used in warfare even as late as World War II. That is nearly two thousand years that horses were used in warfare after John wrote. Yet you claim that "The horses are clearly participating in some kind of war. Since this war has yet to happen, we know they can't be actual horses." Why could he not have been describing some future war that still used horses, even if the horses John describes are clearly not real horses?

Further, although you admit that John's language is metaphoric, symbolic, you jump to the conclusion that the only possible thing these lion-headed, fire-spouting horses could be representing is tanks. John describes a number of highly fanciful creatures in his writings, all of which have, over the intervening centuries, been interpreted as "actually" representing something else. Your interpretation could be correct, although I don't really see how that fits with the horses having the heads of lions, or why he wouldn't have described them as fire-spewing chariots, rather than horses. But at any rate yours isn't the only possible interpretation. Perhaps they're just fanciful creatures, as often appear in stories. The point is this passage doesn't prove anything, except that the writer had a vivid imagination.

Now, as to your "fallacies." First, no one that I know of has ever claimed that "cavemen" wrote the Bible. "Primitive" doesn't necessarily mean even prehistoric, let alone paleolithic. It simply means that these men were unsophisticated and pre-scientific. And by the way, "cavemen" didn't have the "knowledge of a monkey," at least not the Neandethals, the Cro-Magnon, Homo Habilis, and the like.

Second, of course we know that the tooth fairy, Zeus, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster are the creations of men. That is precisely the point. The FSM, in particular, was created precisely to critique the inconsistencies of the various religious systems. "Prove to me that God doesn't exist, " the believers cry. Okay, forget about the FSM. Prove to me that Zeus, Ahura-Mazda, or Dionysus don't exist, gods which many millions of people over the centuries have believed in. Even better, prove to me that Vishnu doesn't exist, a god that some one billion people believe in right now, today. The FSM may not have a Holy Book but Hinduism certainly does, and Hinduism predates Christianity by at least a thousand years.

Finally, you claim that God "allows" Satan to wreak havoc. Do you actually think that is a reasonable explanation? Why does He "allow" this to happen? Don't you think that human beings would have enough to deal with -- fragile, fallible, weak human beings -- without having to deal with the attacks of some Hell-spawned demon? How nice that those innocent, starving children will be taken up to Heaven. I'm quite sure such knowledge would be great comfort to them as they die the long, agonizing death of starvation, their distended bellies and feeble cries apparently beyond the immediate consideration of the all-loving God. And what happens to those poor children who have the misfortunes of being eleven, or twelve, or sixteen when they die of starvation. Do they, assuming they were unlucky enough to be born into a non-Christian society, then end up in Hell? If not, what does happen to them? Your comments leave this question unanswered.

I, too, am one of those atheists who have read the Bible. I was raised a Christian, but as I grew older and learned more, I could no longer reconcile my early beliefs with what I knew about the world, and about history, science, comparative religion, etc. I eventually came around essentially to the position of the 5th-Century BC Greek philosopher Epicurus: Either God wants to eliminate evil and cannot, or He is able to eliminate evil and does not wish to. If He wants to and can't He is impotent. If He can and doesn't want to He is wicked. If He can do it and wants to do it, then why is there evil. If He is unable and/or unwilling to do it, why call Him God? You should try reading the Bible with an open mind, as you admonish the Unbelievers to do, instead of from the standpoint of belief, or at least in the state of mind you would adopt if you were to read the Koran or the Mahabaratha.

Preachers and pastors alike preach the doctrine of if you live by gods ways you will receive eternal life. I ask these same so called authorities is this the only way in which I may receive eternal life and they all say YES. Well that's not true.. reason being is If we don't follow these rules we will live eternally in hell. So to imply that we can live eternally seems to imply that it is within our soul or spirit that this eternal life force exists."Do you agree that you have a soul ? " If so what does an eternal life force being do when it gets bored? It goes on vacation. Whats to say the short amount of time we are here on earth is nothing more than a virtual vacation, that lasts for what can be compared to a blink of an eye in human understanding . Have you ever met some one that there is no way you could have ever met in this life time (because of geographic reasons, or some other reason) but yet you were fortunate enough to have met them due to an accident or unfortunate circumstance and you knew things about them there is no way you should have known, and they knew you just as well? My point is eternal life is afforded to all and whether you believe in that watered down k.j.v or something else, we will all live on...............

Source(s): Fact: the king james version has been chopped up and turned into what people read now days. the catholic church has also chopped up the bible. Christianity was not our original religion ,and is far from being the peacefull thing it represents its-self as.all religions belive in some degree we have a spirit or soul maybe it is a serious waste of time trying to live our so-called lives a certain way when we are already forever.
  • Shut up, you Christians are so full of sh*t.

There IS no God.

You actually believe an invisible being is REAL? Sounds crazy to me.

You freakin' Christians are all about YOUR own stupid *** religion, and you don't even allow other people's opinions without saying "Allow Jesus into your heart".

You guys base your WHOLE life on the f*cking Bible, that was probably written by some maniac anyway.

Fuhck, I know more Atheists that are more Christian than you losers.

• Glee

No. You are not applying logic here at all. You are trying to make excuses for your delusional superstition that a god exists and the bible is a message from him.

You have no evidence. None, not one bit that there is any god, much less this particular god. You have no evidence that if there were a god that the Bible is actually from him.

You fail, fail and fail with weak excuses, obvious error and convenient side stepping of obvious arguments against believing in this, Big Foot or pixies.

That's really giving the bible authors a lot more credit than deserved. The lion could be a demon breathing fire for all I care.

Okay, I endured reading your entire question.

Now, where is the evidence that your god exists?

• Fallacy one... complete irrelavent bollocks... god also slaughters all life on earth with a flood, consistantly demands animal sacrifice and frequently sends plauges and or famine... by comparison slavery is not so important.

fallacy two... the book moby dick predicts many major assasinations... go look it up...

Fallacy three... god created satan... if all children go to heavan then why are we not killing them as they are born?

The evidence...?! St john the devine described fire breathing horses with breast plates not tanks...

SORRY TO SATURATE YOUR FIREWORKS IN URNINE... but jesus tells people in multiple places to follow the old testamant to make sure they are called first into heavan....

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole. The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell. (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,..." (John 1:17).

9) “...the scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35

FOLLOW THE OLD TESTAMENT!!!

EDIT AGAIN (i should be getting more points for this): "Yet when Jesus said to follow the OT law I think He means to try to be as good as a human as possible" underlines I THINK... we have now moved to the blatant realm of opinion and personal interprettion (as if werent already there), whatever you think bares almost no relavance to the actual bible... you might also 'think' that the animal sacrifices are metaphorical... they are not. Two things happen here A) Old testament vengeful god gives lots of stupid commands B) Jesus tells you "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB) basically all scripture was written by god and you should obey it. that is pretty final.

Another thing about the whole tanks issue tanks hardly 'spit fire' they usually fire shells, there is of course muzzle flash and there are flame throwing tanks (altogether more rare) but tanks spit bombs not fire.... Horses are still used in wars today as well...

More on the idea of a loving god... God can do anything.... God loves us very much... god can end our suffering instantly because he does not this means that he A) Does not love us B) can not do anything

More condoning of slavery in the bible Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

On the flying spagetti monster... i think you missed the point on this one, FSM has equal evidence than the evidence for god... so it would be sane to say that there is equal chance of each existing...

Source(s): appoligies for spelling cant be arsed with spell checker

I did read the whole thing--I wish I hadn't bothered,

I didn't read the whole thing..your God just doesn't exist..sorry