Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Does walking off weight actually work?

Does walking off weight actually work?

if i walk 5 miles a day will i lose weight

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes - it will work, but not if you eat like a linebacker. Not if you consume too much fats and sweets. Not if you think that exercising gives you freedom to eat what you want before you work it off.

Stop trying to diet. Just change your life - no more cheating for the rest of your life. As soon as you have lived that way long enough, your body will look like the way you live.

A diet is a lifestyle, not a fad.

Source(s): personal trainer
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You burn 300 calories for every mile that you walk. Three hundred times 5 is 1,500 calories! You're gonna loose lots of weight. I believe that there is 2,100 calories in a pound of fat. so every two days of walking five miles you will burn off 1 1/2 pounds of weight. Walking is a great way to exercise too. There isn't as much strain on the body as if you were running. It's the number one exercise for maintaining good health and proper weight.

You may also want to try some diet cookies and diet shakes to supplement your walking. The shakes are full of protein and the diet cookies are full of fiber .The diet cookies will gently cleanse your intestines and colon of any toxins and leftover food stuck to the walls of these organs. You'll lose a fair amount of weight just from eating the cookies. And they have vitamins and minerals in them and in the shakes to help you stay healthy as well as thin. It's the best of both worlds, really.

I hope you walk as much as possible without overdoing it and that you are victorious in your weight loss! Good-Luck!

Source(s): You can get the diet cookies and shakes at http://vitamark.com/754845
  • Alex
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If you where to actually stick with that plan and add a few things to it, you cut definitely lose quiet a bit of weight. I would recommend adding a few things to your schedule such as: Cutting your calorie intake by about a fourth, drinking more water, avoiding fatty food and all trans fat, and beginning to eat soy products as a replacement for meat and milk. Drink a glass or two of water before eating a large meal, and wait 10 minutes before getting seconds to check if you are still truly hungry.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on what you eat. Doesnt help you do all that walking but still eat loads of cakes and chips and drink fizzy drinks and eat burgers and biscuits and everything else that is fatty and bad for your health. If however you eat sensibly you will definately lose the weight.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mickjam said it best. I would just like to add to eat plenty of veggies, and fruits, and eat food as close to it's whole state as possible, processed stuff is really bad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course it will. That is great exercise. Just make sure you pair it with a great diet.

• 1 decade ago

yes it is excellent exercise-make sure to eat healthily as well though!

Source(s): personal experience - i lost 6 stone(84pounds) from walking 40 minutes a day
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.