Does the Jacksonville, FL, Airport have an x-ray metal detector?

I am trying to sneak my pet hamster onto a plane. i was going to do so by putting him in my pocket and going through the metal detector. I was told that now the metal detector is actually an X-ray. If thats true they could see my hamster, and i'd be busted.

Does anyone know if this is true??
Update: I called the airline and they said no animals except cats and dogs. Believe me, i tried that first. He needs to come with me because he is sick and i need to give him his meds. if worst comes to worst he will with my boyfriend and be driven the 19 hours to new york. I would keep him on me at all times, he... show more I called the airline and they said no animals except cats and dogs. Believe me, i tried that first.

He needs to come with me because he is sick and i need to give him his meds. if worst comes to worst he will with my boyfriend and be driven the 19 hours to new york.

I would keep him on me at all times, he wouldn't go through the xray for bags. I was asking around the new body scanners.

trust me when i have my animals safety in mind. It was just a question.