IPhone 3G, wallet, house key, drivers license, cash, and North Face jacket stolen, what should I do?! ?

I was at the Jewish Community Center and we rented a gym with about 35 friends. We put our jackets in a pile and a man came in and took a bunch of stuff and left. Many people saw him, the security camera shows him leaving, and the JCC said they most likely have his name. I called the police 3 hours later(it took us... show more I was at the Jewish Community Center and we rented a gym with about 35 friends. We put our jackets in a pile and a man came in and took a bunch of stuff and left. Many people saw him, the security camera shows him leaving, and the JCC said they most likely have his name. I called the police 3 hours later(it took us that long to find him on the security camera) and they said they would look into it, I also gave him the iPhone serial. I suspended my iPhone account and got the house locks changed. Is there any way to catch this guy, track down my iPhone, or get money back for all my stuff stolen?
Would I also have a viable lawsuit against the JCC?
THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!