Have you used a wet/dry hair straightener?

I have got regular ghd straighteners and yes they're fab, but I am interested in the type that you can use on wet hair. The ones that seem to look best (from internet browsing) are from "T3".

Has anyone used wet/dry straighteners? Do you have to keep going over and over the same section of hair to get it dry (and straight)?

Do they damage your hair?

Which brand is best?

Any help appreciated, thanks so much.

Favorite Answer

Not worth it - just takes twicw as long. And I'm sure it's not good for your hair. I used some on holiday once and they took ages.

Do not use a wet to dry straightener unless you want to have hay for hair. They damage your hair like no other, you can literally watch it fry. I used to use one when i was young and didn't know better and it left my hair a complete wreck. You do have to go over the same piece of hair about 3 times to get it dry also so it's not much of a time saver. Just go for a normal straightener, it will benefit you tons in the long run.

• Effy

Wet/dry ones really take a lot longer, yes you have to go over the strand multiple times and it would be better to just blow dry your hair then straighten it. It seems to create more frizz and damages your hair. I talked to my stylist and she said that wet/dry straighteners are a bad joke, It almost takes longer using that method and the hair never looks as good as it does just using a regular good quality straightener on dry hair.

Nope, I prefer normal hair straighteners. In fact, I have a professional Karmin straightener and I use it on my hair when it's dry and I've never had to deal with frizz or damage.

I have a wet to dry Remington one and all my friends have it and they all love it. Its only like $30 too. they do damage your hair but not as much as it would if you blowdryed it then straightened it. and you do have to go over it like around 2 times depending on how thin or thick your hair is. You can also use this one on dry hair and it has 30 heat settings and it automatically shuts off after one hour in case you accidentally leave it on. so it pretty nice

Wet/dry straighteners don't really work with WET hair.

They work better with slightly DAMP hair.

You do have to go over the same section a couple of times, but it does work if you accidentally didn't blow dry your hair all the way.

or when you're lazy to dry your hair all the way!

:)

DO NOT buy these!!!! anything that is that hot touching ur hair whilst its wet (even if it is designed for it) is gunna singe ur hair, stick to ghds :) im a hairdresser and most of the people i see with bad hair is caused by heat... also use a heat protection spray before you straighten x

normal ghds do work on wet hair, my friend sometimes does it

the down side is it makes your hair look and feel dry and hay like, so i really do not recomend it, it would be just as fast blowdrying your hair and then straightening it :)

xx

my friend has one not sure who makes it though but she loves it. however I'm not sure how good it is for your hair because using a hot iron on wet hair causes a lot of stress on the hair. If you decide to get one I would just recommend you to not use it all the time

i have used them, and personally, i don't like them at all. it fried my hair, after about a half a year of using it, and i have very fine asian hair, nothing before has been able to fry my hair. and i also used salon brand. you do have to keep going over the same spot over and over and over, i'd find it faster to blow dry and then straighten rather than use one. i'd always find myself late for events because i'd try to use it.

Source(s): meeee.