Anyone else trying the Windows 7 beta?

Well, I downloaded the beta this afternoon, and did a fresh install off of Vista. My graphics card (Intel (R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller) wasn't installed automatically, so I had to do it myself. I don't know if this is a glitch with the beta or what, but after the graphics card install, and the restart, my drivers for the card disappeared, and my card was listed under Other Devices in the Device Manager. I tried re-installing drivers again, same result.

Other than that, I like the beta of Windows 7. It starts and shuts down faster than Vista, the new Taskbar RULES, plus the new beta of Windows Media Player 12 is really cool (but i can't find the graphic equalizer, that is what bugs me).

Anyone else had problems after installing the beta?

I'm posting from Windows 7 on my laptop which I installed last night... same problem as you with the Intel 852/855GM graphics. Damn shame - everything else seems to be working great, but having to work in 640x480 resolution is a dealbreaker. Spent a few hours on this trying many tricks I've found on the web to make the XP drivers work, but no good.

Can't fathom why they wouldn't support the 852/855 considering so many laptops (which can otherwise run Win7 fine but can't have their graphics card updated) use it... how difficult could it be?! Hopefully this changes before the final Win7 version comes out or I won't be a happy camper and neither will a lot of others.

EDIT: just a few hours after writing this, I got it to work. For some reason it wouldn't work with the latest drivers direct from Intel, but when I installed the ones from Dell (my laptop is a Latitude 100L) it finally worked. Had to right-click the Dell executable and set it to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode, though.

If any of this applies to you, you might have to do bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON and/or bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS to make sure the drivers stick... been working like a charm for me.

HTH

What build of abode windows 7 do you have? the place did you get it, is it pirated or respectable of MSDN? Do you have a dedicated soundcard, or do you have an integrated a single on your motherboard? you could no longer restoration the situation without understanding the place and what your sound card is...