Star Wars or Star Trek?

Which is better Star Wars or Star Trek? and why...

Favorite Answer

Star Trek. Do you want a real reason? Star Trek deals with OUR future - even if it's conceived in Gene Roddenberry's imagination.

I find some hope in the idea that Star Trek represents: In order to achieve their level of "progress" - we must have successfully dealt with all of the problems we're facing today.

Star Wars is merely fiction, by comparison.

• Ali Mli3 years agoReport

Star wars has lightsabers!

Im gonna say neither, star wars is predictable, same plot over 7 movies, and the original star trek was horrible, although the next generation later episodes were good, and deep space nine was good, oh hell i guess star trek(eventhough enterprise, and voyager sucked on a whole new level of suckness). Personally though, i like the new battlestar galactica, and babylon 5 from years back. There was also a little known show called space above and beyond check it out if you like good scifi

• Tessa

Star Wars. If you wanted to write another story, Star Trek has all these rules.

I feel like such a nerd, but my answer is Star Wars. I believe the plots and character mannerisms are much more complex, and explain the human nature way better. Besides, Star Trek can get cheesy.

Star wars. This is probably just me....but I can't get into Star Trek.

Star Trek - it is more optimistic about our future. It is also closer to being real science fiction than Star Wars - SW is a swords-and-sorcery fantasy set in space.

But most of all, Star Trek has better writing. (Not always, of course, but on average.) DS9, in particular, has better stories than even Lucas' best - MUCH better than the crud he put out as Episodes 1-3.

Impossible choice. Possibly Star Trek for giving us Q

Star Wars no question

Star Wars: More adventure, romance, suspense, and a better story. Star Trek is just boring and forgettable.(Although the new one from J.J Abrams looks pretty good.)

star trek because it is much optimistic and realistic then star wars.