Star Wars or Star Trek?

Which is better Star Wars or Star Trek? and why...

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Star Trek. Do you want a real reason? Star Trek deals with OUR future - even if it's conceived in Gene Roddenberry's imagination.

I find some hope in the idea that Star Trek represents: In order to achieve their level of "progress" - we must have successfully dealt with all of the problems we're facing today.

Star Wars is merely fiction, by comparison.

• Ali Mli3 years agoReport

Star wars has lightsabers!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Im gonna say neither, star wars is predictable, same plot over 7 movies, and the original star trek was horrible, although the next generation later episodes were good, and deep space nine was good, oh hell i guess star trek(eventhough enterprise, and voyager sucked on a whole new level of suckness). Personally though, i like the new battlestar galactica, and babylon 5 from years back. There was also a little known show called space above and beyond check it out if you like good scifi

• Tessa
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Star Wars. If you wanted to write another story, Star Trek has all these rules.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I feel like such a nerd, but my answer is Star Wars. I believe the plots and character mannerisms are much more complex, and explain the human nature way better. Besides, Star Trek can get cheesy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Star wars. This is probably just me....but I can't get into Star Trek.

• 1 decade ago

Star Trek - it is more optimistic about our future. It is also closer to being real science fiction than Star Wars - SW is a swords-and-sorcery fantasy set in space.

But most of all, Star Trek has better writing. (Not always, of course, but on average.) DS9, in particular, has better stories than even Lucas' best - MUCH better than the crud he put out as Episodes 1-3.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Impossible choice. Possibly Star Trek for giving us Q

• 1 decade ago

Star Wars no question

• 1 decade ago

Star Wars: More adventure, romance, suspense, and a better story. Star Trek is just boring and forgettable.(Although the new one from J.J Abrams looks pretty good.)

• 5 years ago

star trek because it is much optimistic and realistic then star wars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.