What's the difference between Grammy Award, Golden Globe Award, Emmy Award, Tony Award, and Academy Award?

I'm very confused about these awards given to the stars. Could you please help me about the differences?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

grammy award - award in music/music videos/ stuff liek that

academy award- major motion pictures. also has little categories such as animated movie, and song and stuff liek that

mostly for big actors and big films.

golden globe- smaller than the academy awards, mostly for films and actors. not so much the little categories such as animated and such.

emmy award - there r two types of emmys, primtime emmys[the late night ones for shows that are at night such as greys anatomy and heroes and such. and daytime emmys [for talk shows and others and stuff]. The Emmys are for tv recognition and tv stars as well as talk show hosts and such

tony award - awards the people on broadway. Different broadway musicals, and the broadway stars and such.

• 3 years ago

Oscar Emmy Tony Grammy

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What's the difference between Grammy Award, Golden Globe Award, Emmy Award, Tony Award, and Academy Award?

I'm very confused about these awards given to the stars. Could you please help me about the differences?

Source(s): 39 difference grammy award golden globe award emmy award tony award academy award: https://tr.im/TVGV2
  • byerly
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Grammy Oscar Tony Emmy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Grammy Award - Award in Music

Golden Globe Award - Award in Motion Picture and Televison

Emmy Award - Award in Televison

Tony Award - Award in Broadway

Academy Award (also known as The Oscars) - Award in the Film Industry

Source(s): Wikipedia.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are lots of differences. Each ceremony celebrates something different in entertainment.

The Grammy is a music award. The Golden Globes are for any type of media. Emmy awards are for TV shows. Tony awards are for plays, and the Academy Awards are where people in the entertainment industry vote on people, movies, TV shows, etc. that they want to be honored.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awT7e

The Golden globes are for television & movies and are voted on and given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Assoc. The Oscars (only for films) are voted on by the people who make the movies. Nominations come from each group. For example screen writers vote on screen writers for the nominations. The whole Academy of Motions Picture Arts and Sciences can vote on the final picks for the awards. In the past the Foreign press (Golden Globes) has usually voted for big spectacles (not this year.) They also have a split category for best film and best actors by drama and musical or comedy. Oscars only have best picture and actor etc. which encompasses all genres

• 1 decade ago

The free gift bags

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.