Can I use two light switches to control a light and fan separately?

I am remodeling a bedroom in my home. The room is not original to the house; part of the basement was modified to add an extra bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom lighting fixture is a dome-shaped light that, while I like it, does not match the style I have in mind. I'd like to replace it with a ceiling fan.... show more I am remodeling a bedroom in my home. The room is not original to the house; part of the basement was modified to add an extra bedroom and bathroom.

The bedroom lighting fixture is a dome-shaped light that, while I like it, does not match the style I have in mind. I'd like to replace it with a ceiling fan. However, I would prefer to avoid hanging cords and such -- I worry it would be an eyesore in the look I'm trying to create.

There are two light switches. One of them controls the light -- the other, from what I can tell, does nothing.

Is it possible to use two light switches to control the light and fan separately?