why are israel and palestine fighting?

so i know that this recent retaliation is because of all the missles hamas let off, but then why is hamas attacking israel? i find it hard to beleive people are still fighting simply because of religion and each group of peoples respective religions consider the area to be their holy land. there must some economic issues that i am unaware of. there is no way human beings could still be killing each other over differences in faith or race... right?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Hamas has been rocket attacking Israel and Israel responded with military might.

• 1 decade ago

Hamas is the scum of the earth.

Every time there is a moderate within the Palestinians they split and make a new radical group. Hamas is the latest one.

Just look at the history of the PLO. The radicals of the group were kicked out of every other middle eastern country they went to and left on Israel's doorstep and with a new name.

It has nothing to do with economics or land and it has everything to do with "radicals gone wild" and their hatred of Israel. They already had land, the Palestine territory is also JORDAN and most of these Palestinians are originally from Syria and the rest of the Middle East. And if that wasn't enough they were offered Gaza as a step towards peace and we saw what they did with that opportunity. It's not economics as Israel is not an oil rich country.

• 4 years ago

I've had enough of all of this racism against Jews and Muslims. First of all, before any hate starts coming, i have studied religion for years and have lived in three completely different countries. A proper, decent muslim will agree that all these stupid extremists aren't real Muslims, and the same goes for the Jews. They are essentially the same religion with the same God, but Jews simply dont believe in Prophet Mohammed, and that's all. Also please dont always listen and believe everything that's on the news. Most people do see the similarities between Jews and Muslims, because all they see on TV everyday is them.fighting. I wish all of it would just stop. They aren't gaining anything.

• 1 decade ago

They are fighting because they are mad at each other. I think one of them may have cheated in a game of Jenga in the past and now everything is messed up. But really that is the way it has been for hundreds of years and its not going to end until one of them wipes out the other completely, or Obama uses his magic to fix the problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • St N
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Go with your first reaction. It is all religion. There is nothing of any economic value in the region except real estate. It all boils down to mistakes made during the Exodus, the Roman Empire and 1947.

• 1 decade ago

It is a Preemptive strike by Zionists to grab more lands before Obam peace process for the Middle East starts.

• 1 decade ago

Israel leaders Livni,Yahood Barack and Nitinyaho want to increase their votes in the elections by injuring and killing civilians

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Israel is occupying and Oppressing the Palestinians.

Palestinians have the right to fight and resist the oppressors.

• 1 decade ago

its a religious thing.its funny how ppl can ignore Gods words, but if thats the way u wanna go then good luck with that.

Source(s): my bible
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What austin said. Land grabs and genocide to make more land grabs easier.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.