Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 1 decade ago

how long do you have to work the jails when you start off as a deputy sheriff with the LASD(LA Sheriff's Dep.)?

I am debating whether or not to apply for the LAPD or the LASD. I want to talk to a Police officer or a Sheriff so I can get some motivation to join either Department. My mom worked for the Sheriff's dept. until she was promoted but she was not a deputy. My dad worked for LAPD until he retired and passed away in 2005 from Cancer. So I have no contacts. I am prior service Army Infantry and have been thinking about reenlisting. I was medically discharged for a leg injury but im completely healed now. Im only 20 so if I reenlist i plan on going Military Police. I have a 2 year old daughter and a wife. Any intelligent answers welcome. Please hold the stupidity.

• gary s
    Favorite Answer

Until the sheriff puts you on road patrol.

• DEE W

Jail Guards maybe a separate unit. But ask them.