Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 1 decade ago

how long do you have to work the jails when you start off as a deputy sheriff with the LASD(LA Sheriff's Dep.)?

I am debating whether or not to apply for the LAPD or the LASD. I want to talk to a Police officer or a Sheriff so I can get some motivation to join either Department. My mom worked for the Sheriff's dept. until she was promoted but she was not a deputy. My dad worked for LAPD until he retired and passed away in 2005 from Cancer. So I have no contac

Favorite Answer

It's a three year stint monitoring jail inmates back and forth from the jail facility to the various courthouses. And at present, it's a mandatory sentence.

Good luck!