How should i get my hair cut?

Ok so have really thick, curly hair and i've never gotten it cut by a hairdresser; just always a trim because my mom was always to afraid that they were going to butcher it. But now that I'm older i want to add some shape, it just fells like one big blob. What do you think i should do..

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc359/xomisshal...

Thats with gel on it..HELP!

ohh and i tried straightening it, it doesnt lie flat and it curls right back up with the humidity in the air :[

im so afraid of doing the chemical solution...because i dont want to lose my curls for good and i want them to come back the way they are and not all nasty...like some of the people iv seen do it...not to be mean just the truth :]

Favorite Answer

Maybe something like this?

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/celebp/cmawards/photo...

And for the straightening, did you use hair spray after you straightened it? That would help. ^_^

Like you I have thick, curly and sometimes frizzy hair. For the past few years it has been long and layered. The layering helps even out and thin the hair. I also leave conditioner in my hair for a long time and only comb it when it's wet or else it will frizz. These strategies have worked for me. DONT straighten your hair, most people have straight hair so why not enjoy your curls. I would also see a stylist and ask them to give you a cut and style that would suit you.

maybe try some layers to avoid the poof factor it will lie a bit flatter with lots of layers

You should go to a nice salon for a free consultation. Its better to ask a stylist in person so he or she has a better feel for your hair.

Have it straight :D and clipped back.

My friend had the exact same hair, and she did that, and it was amazing :D

fresh new look!

have it chemically straightened if u want to and cut it shorter.

You should really make it into a thinner layer. All I can offer.

Source(s): My boy brain sucks with this stuff.
  • fish

get your hair thinned and then get it cut the way you want to

get it straightened chemically

yes defineltly

it will look good on you

i got one today

Source(s): experience