Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBoats & Boating · 1 decade ago

how can you make a boat out of kitchen materials?

i have always wanted a boat... but they are just too expensive!.. and i was wandering if i could make a make shift one some how.. i know it sounds a bit odd... but its a passion! x

10 Answers

Relevance
  • rowlfe
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Where I live, every summer, we have what they call the milk carton derby. All kinds of "boats" are made from various types and kinds of containers. mostly for milk, the most common being the typical 1 gallon plastic jug held together with the handyman's secret weapon, duct tape. I even saw a refrigerator box once which was simply covered with plastic garbage bags taped to keep the cardboard of the box dry. I'm sure you can come up with something, if you are really serious...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Hey, why just kitchen materials when you get empty 55 gallon drums that are cleaned out to protect the aquatic life etc. seal up the bung-holes and strap 'em to 2x12's and plastic lawn chairs! What about truck inner tubes? You need floatation devices that can hold up you weight spread over a big area to give stability and buoyancy. Good luck!

• barney
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Heres a link to a site that offers plans ,you might not be able to find the resin you will need to make them water proof that you will have to find probably over the internet .

Anyway here you go http://absolutelyfreeplans.com/Boat%20Plans/boat_p...

• 1 decade ago

Well first of you'll need a washing up bottle, some sticky back plastic and a grown up to help you.

Source(s): Blue Peter!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, if you make yourself small enough you could take half an egg shell and a small spoon for an oar and see if that helps!!!!

• 1 decade ago

Make a gravy boat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well you have to use yoghurt, apples, cream, honey and treacle. Then simply take the first letter from each word.

• 1 decade ago

you could make a raft out of coke bottles and sticky tape.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hahaha you weirdo.. who would want to make a boat?

YOU GOTTA BUY ONE STUPID!!

loll then sale across the sea in a big blow up boat

bump into people u know

and keep on swimming till your soaked in your jeans, cause u "didnt think you'd get wet"

but rmeeber to camp out in the garden before hand..

love from a compleate stranger!

• 1 decade ago

egg boxes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.