Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Russia aligning with Iran ?

Biblical prophecy seems to indicate that in the not too distant future, Russia will align itself militarily with Iran, with the purpose of destroying Israel. Do you believe this will actally happen? Are there enough evidences to support this prophetical interpretation? We all know Israel will never be completely destroyed because God will not allow that to happen. Your thoughts?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Russia and Iran are mentioned in Ezekiel 38: 2-5 -

2. "Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog (Russia), the chief prince of Meshech (Moscow) and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

3. "And say, thus saith the Lord God; Behold I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

4. "And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

5. "Persia (Iran), Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet".

It's really too lengthy to include in this answer, but Russia will align itself with Iran and other nations against Israel. In Chapter 39 is the prophecy of the destruction by God of Russia & the other nations that come up against Israel, and in verse 12 it tells us that it will take Israel seven months to bury the dead and cleanse the land.

The purpose for this is found in Ezekiel 38:23 - "Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord." God bless you!!!

• Niente
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes, I believe it.

Russia will align with Iran because Russia need Iran for oil.

They will go against Israel, many will die.

Eventually Israel will cry out to God.

And then, fire will fall from heaven upon the army that is against Israel.

The Battle of Armageddon.

What is the battle of Armageddon?

The word Armageddon comes from a Hebrew word Har-Magedone which means “Mount Megiddo” and has become synonymous with the future battle in which God will intervene and destroy the armies of the Antichrist as predicted in biblical prophecy (Revelation 16:16; 20:1-3, 7-10). There will be millions of people engaged in the Battle of Armageddon, as all the nations gather together to fight against Christ.

The exact location of the valley of Armageddon is unclear because there is no mountain called “Meggido.” However, since Har can also mean “hill,” the most likely location is the hill country surrounding the Plain of Meggido, some sixty miles north of Jerusalem. More than two hundred battles have been fought in that region. The Plain of Megiddo and the nearby Plain of Esdraelon will be the focal point for the Battle of Armageddon, which will rage the entire length of Israel as far south as the Edomite city of Bozrah (Isaiah 63:1). The valley of Armageddon was famous for two great victories in Israel’s history: Barak’s victory over the Canaanites (Judges 4:15) and Gideon’s victory over the Midianites (Judges chapter 7). Armageddon was also the site for two great tragedies: the death of Saul and his sons (1 Samuel 31:8) and the death of King Josiah (2 Kings 23:29-30; 2 Chronicles 35:22).

Because of this history, the valley of Armageddon became a symbol of the final conflict between God and the forces of evil. The word Armageddon only occurs in Revelation 16:16, “Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.” This speaks of the kings who are loyal to the Antichrist gathering together for a final assault on Israel. At Armageddon "the cup of the wine of the fierceness of God’s wrath" (Revelation 16:19) will be delivered, and the Antichrist and his followers will be overthrown and defeated. Armageddon has become a general term that refers to the end of the world, not exclusively the battle that takes place in the Plain of Megiddo.

Source(s): www.gotquestions.org
  • 1 decade ago

If the bible says it - then it is so.

Of course it will come to pass, just as every other prophecy has and as more are to come.

Russia and Iran build that alliance now - it is in the News how they meet and talk and have even had war games - which is preparation for working together in a real war.

Evidences to support the prophetical interpretation? It is clearly stated and really needs no rocket science to interpret it.

Israel will never be destroyed completely, this is true, but it is through a divine rescue shall they survive. That Divine rescue is the Lord Jesus himself coming back to the earth and his feet touching upon the Mt. of Olives just as prophesied.

• 1 decade ago

GOD allowed Israel to be enslaved many times before. What makes you think Israel is any different than any other nation. Why would GOD have a "special" protection for them?

By the way, I don't believe in the Futurist position. Too many problems. To say that Russia will align with Iran to destroy Israel is stretching things.

More can be said about this issue.

GOD bless

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are talking about Ezekiel 38,39 chapters.The land of Rush , to the extreme north of Israel will align it self with Iran( Persia)Libya ,and Muslim nation in Africa, the old Ethiopia, and other Arab nations.

The 37th chapter tells of the return of the Jews to Israel. That was fullfilled in 1948. And When Russia attacks Israel, that will be all she wrote for that nation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Regina your dealing with a bunch of Biblical idiots . They do not have any idea that the names of Russia and Iran were not created in the Bible at that times but people that are familiar with the Bible know exactly what your talking about. luckily by the time they do engage in war Christians will be gone from this planet and the crazy LIbs can have it all to themselves ( for a while )

• "Biblical prophecy seems to indicate that in the not too distant future, Russia will align itself militarily with Iran"

That's reading way too much into it. In no way does any biblical text mention Russia. That's just impossible.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To dantes, Russia historically hates the Jews the Russians treated the Jews abominably for centuries

• ak6702
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's funny how the Bible speaks of these things.The fools that don't want to believe so be it.It looks like the headlines of today's paper but still they harden their hearts.How much has to happen for them to know God is real.

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Iran was non-existent in time of the Bible writing

So, is IS NOT in the bible

On other hand, Russia..it´s politicians, are always, where something can be raped and stolen

So, it won´t surprise me a bit, if the become allies with Iran

Ironically, Israel was their FRIENDS and was buying MIG´s jets, to ´´defeat their then enemies

Now it is buying from USA..

who will be next..China?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.