End times prophecy signs?

How do Christianity, judaism, and Islam compare when it comes to signs regarding the "end time" a.k.a apocalypse, judgement day

I know this section is usually reseved from foaming lunatics who seem to have nothing better to do than convince people to be either a Christian or an atheist, so if you actually don't know the answer, please refrain from bsing.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

CHRISTIAN: END TIME SIGNS

1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3) See some at: Fakemessiah.com

2. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)

3. Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7)

4. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1)

5. Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6)

6. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)

7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)

8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is lost behind the myth of Santa Claus.

9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable. Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer each year.

10. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

11. The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1 Timothy 4:3)

12. There would be an increase in famines (Matthew 24:7)

13. Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)

14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)

16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4)

17. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew 13:25-30)

18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

19. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26)

20. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4)

21. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4)

22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)

23. Jesus said Christians would be hated "for His name's sake" (Matthew 24:9)

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).

25: Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)

26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, "for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." (2 Peter 3:4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust (verse 3). They fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God is not subject to the time that He created. He can flick through time as we flick through the pages of a history book. The reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

I' m the Mahdi, the reincarnation of Elijah.

My wife and i are the 2 witnesses in Rev. 11

Also in Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

The day of the lord is the judgement day!

I'm also the reincarnation of James Zebedee who was the beloved disciple aka the teacher of righteousness in the DEAD SEA SCROLLS. who was referred to as the Messiah!

The angel Gabriel told me that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-Christ and that he will divorce his wife and change his name!

The angel Gabriel told me when i was in Philipsburg, Montana in 1973 that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-Christ! And a few years later i figured out who the 7 Kings were in Rev. 17:10.

George W. Bush is the 6th King in Rev. 17:10 who is spoken of in the present tense! Because when he was in office in 2001 there were 5-x presidents who were still alive, and one is yet to come, was Obama!

The angel Gabriel told me that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-Christ aka Dajjal and that he is going to change his name and divorce his wife!

Obama is going to die first and then the Anti-Christ who was one of the previous 7 Presidents will take his place!

Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

These 7 kings were;

1. Gerald Ford

2. Jimmy Carter

3. Ronald Reagan

4. George H. W. Bush

5. Bill Clinton

6. George W. Bush.... is spoken of in the present tense (and one is) because until Reagan died all 7 were alive!

7. Barack Obama.......and one is yet to come! He will die a few days after he raises taxes!

Obama is also in Dan. 11:20

Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes [in] the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The angel Gabriel told me in Aug. 1973 that Jimmy Carter was the Anti-Christ and that he is going to change his name and divorce his wife!

Obama is going to die first, and then the Anti-Christ, who was one of the previous 7 Presidents will take his place!

• Mike
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry.

GREED IS AS OLD AS HUMANITY

2. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3) "INCREASINGLY"? That's specific...

3. Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7)

EARTHQUAKES HAVE OCCURRED THROUGHOUT TIME.

4. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1)

STRESS IS AS OLD AS HUMANITY.

5. Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6)

WARS ARE AS OLD AS HUMANITY.

6. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)

PLEASE SHOW ME A BOOK OF THE BIBLE THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN THESE THINGS, WHICH ARE AS OLD AS HUMANITY.

7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5) RELIGION DENYING GOD?

8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth

FINE LINE BETWEEN TRUTH AND FANTASY, HUH?

9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent

DISEASES ARE AS OLD AS HUMANITY.

10. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

WHILE WE'RE AT IT, WE'RE GOING TO DENY THE EARTH AS CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE AND LIGHTNING BEING CAUSED BY ANGRY DIETIES, TOO.

11. The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1 Timothy 4:3)THE "INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE" IS A JUDEO-CHRISTIAN CONSTRUCT.

12. There would be an increase in famines (Matthew 24:7)

INCREASED FROM WHAT?

13. Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)

INCREASED FROM WHAT?

14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

PEOPLE CRYING FOR PEACE IS A CERTAIN SIGN OF END TIMES?

15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)

SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY. LOOK INTO IT.

16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4)

KNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN INCREASING SINCE TIME BEGAN.

17. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew 13:25-30)

JESUS HIMSELF DECRIED HYPOCRISY IN THE CHURCH.

18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

INCREASED FROM WHAT?

19. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26)

FEAR OF THE FUTURE IS AS OLD AS HUMANITY.

20. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4)

MATERIALISM IS AS OLD AS HUMANITY.

21. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4)

MANY? GOD CAN'T BE MORE SPECIFIC?

22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)

SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY.

23. Jesus said Christians would be hated "for His name's sake" (Matthew 24:9)

PEOPLE STARTED HATING ON JESUS AS SOON AS HIS NAME WAS SPOKEN.

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).

"GENERAL UPSET AND CONTROVERSY"... VERY SPECIFIC.

25: Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)

ARROGANCE AND SELF-LOVE ARE AS OLD AS HUMANITY.

26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age.

WELL, AT LEAST THIS MUCH IS RIGHT...

• 3 years ago

I' m the Mahdi, the reincarnation of Elijah. My spouse and that i are the two witnesses in Rev. 11 additionally in Malachi 4:5 Behold, i will deliver you Elijah the prophet till now the advent of the super and dreadful day of the Lord: The day of the lord is the judgement day! i'm additionally the reincarnation of James Zebedee who became into the liked disciple aka the instructor of righteousness contained in the lifeless SEA SCROLLS. who became into noted because of the fact the Messiah! The angel Gabriel advised me that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-Christ and that he will divorce his spouse and alter his call! The angel Gabriel advised me whilst i became into in Philipsburg, Montana in 1973 that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-Christ! and many years later i found who the 7 Kings have been in Rev. 17:10. George W. Bush is the 6th King in Rev. 17:10 who's spoken of contained in the present demanding! because of the fact whilst he became into in place of work in 2001 there have been 5-x presidents who have been nonetheless alive, and one is yet to return, became into Obama! The angel Gabriel advised me that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-Christ aka Dajjal and that he is going to alter his call and divorce his spouse! Obama is going to die first and then the Anti-Christ who became into between the previous 7 Presidents will take his place! Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: 5 are fallen, and one is, [and] the different isn't yet come; and whilst he cometh, he ought to proceed a quick area. those 7 kings have been; a million. Gerald Ford 2. Jimmy Carter 3. Ronald Reagan 4. George H. W. Bush 5. bill Clinton 6. George W. Bush.... is spoken of contained in the present demanding (and one is) because of the fact till Reagan died all 7 have been alive! 7. Barack Obama.......and one is yet to return! he will die some days after he will strengthen taxes! Obama is likewise in Dan. 11:20 Then shall arise in his sources a raiser of taxes [in] the know of the dominion: yet interior few days he would be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in conflict. Rev. 17:11 And the beast that became into, and is not any longer, even he's the 8th, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. The angel Gabriel advised me in Aug. 1973 that Jimmy Carter became into the Anti-Christ and that he is going to alter his call and divorce his spouse! Obama is going to die first, and then the Anti-Christ, who became into between the previous 7 Presidents will take his place!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Every generation thinks it's living in the end times.

Source(s): "The future is a muddy river clogged with prophets." --Frank Herbert
  • 1 decade ago

“Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages.”—Luke 21:10, 11. You may say: ‘But there have always been wars.’ That is true, as Jesus himself knew. But he was speaking of unusual wars, such as we have seen only since 1914. Regarding the first world war, which started in that year, a military analyst wrote: “In its scope, its violence, and above all, in its totality, it established a precedent. World War I ushered in the century of Total War, of—in the first full sense of the term—global war. . . . Never before 1914-1918 had a war absorbed so much of the total resources of so many combatants and covered so large a part of the earth. Never had so many nations been involved. Never had the slaughter been so comprehensive and indiscriminate.” (World War I, by H. W. Baldwin) Needless to say, the carnage of the first world war was multiplied many times over in the second.

How about the food shortages that Jesus mentioned? It is paradoxical that, despite the fact that some countries have the highest material standard of living in recorded history, there are more people hungry today than ever before. The New York Times reported: “Every 8.6 seconds someone in an underdeveloped country dies as a result of illness caused by malnutrition . . . 10,000 every day. Over 3,500,000 every year.” Does that not fulfill Jesus’ prophecy about food shortages?

And has there been an unusual number of earthquakes? Well, in 1915, 29,970 people died in an earthquake in Italy. In 1920, 180,000 perished in China, 143,000 died in Japan in 1923, and in 1939, 32,300 people died in Turkey (Erzincan). According to Scientific American, since 1948 ‘one great quake is occurring each year.’ We can probably remember many gigantic earthquakes that have struck in recent years. Many of us either have felt an earthquake or have relatives who have been affected by one. Finally, Jesus mentioned pestilences. It is another paradox of the modern world that in spite of the advances of medicine, there are still scourges that take millions of lives, especially in poorer countries. Immediately after World War I, an international epidemic of influenza brought death to twenty-one million victims. Today, poorer lands continue to suffer from plagues such as malaria, cholera and typhoid. Even in wealthier lands, cancer and heart attacks cut millions off in their prime. Venereal disease is called a “pandemic”—more severe than an epidemic. And spreading, worldwide pollution is threatening us with additional horrible illnesses. Regarding pollution, ecologist Barry Commoner said: “We have come to a turning point in the human habitation of the earth. . . . I believe that continued pollution of the earth, if unchecked, will eventually destroy the fitness of this planet as a place for human life.”

There are many more details of Jesus’ great prophecy that are clearly being fulfilled in our days. One of the most noteworthy is with regard to a worldwide preaching work. Jesus said: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) In our generation, modern communications and travel have made fulfillment of this prophecy more practical on a global scale. Today, Jehovah’s Witnesses are preaching “this good news” in more than two hundred lands around the earth. Yes, this prophecy, too, is being fulfilled.

Sign Scripture Proof

1. World wars Matt. 24:7

2. Widespread food shortages Matt. 24:7

3. Unusual number of earthquakes Matt. 24:7

4. Sore pestilence and disease Luke 21:11

5. Persecution of Christians Luke 21:12-15

6. Many forsaking Christianity Matt. 24:12, 13

7. Formation of the League of Nations and United Nations

Rev. 13:14, 15; 17:11

8. Nations perplexed Luke 21:25

9. Increased lawlessness Matt. 24:12

10. Sleepy condition of the world despite the sign 1 Thess. 5:2, 6

11. Moral breakdown in public and private life 2 Tim. 3:1-4

12. Widespread juvenile delinquency 2 Tim. 3:2

13. People overly engaging in everyday affairs of life Matt. 24:37-39

14. World-wide preaching of the kingdom as good news. Matt. 24:14

Source(s): *** sm pp. 41-43 pars. 8-12 The Bible’s Prophecies *** *** w54 12/1 p. 712 The “Time of the End” *** www.watchtower.org
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's one whole big puzzle.

Judaism- start of story

Christianity- middle of story

Islam- end of story and summary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.