Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how do i make my biceps grow?

i am 14 and i want my biceps to grow.it seems like my biceps dont grow.i have tried to workout my biceps for about 7 months and i have not got any results yet.this is what i do 5 sets of 15 reps once aweek.any tips on how to make my biceps grow big.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Once a week? thats not enough for your biceps to get bigger you have to train them 3 days a week at least and give them a chance to recover and hey dont go for the biceps all the time triceps make 2/3 of your arm so when you are making biceps exercises make also triceps exercises.

• 1 decade ago

At 14 I'd do 5 sets of 15 three times a week. Start with 75 lbs and drop 10 pounds per set. Curls are good for biceps and french curls for triceps. Alternate; curls the first day, french curls the second, and curls the third. For the french start at 50 lbs and drop ten each set. Feed your muscles after the workout. Complex carbs are good for that...pasta.

• 4 years ago

Protein my boy, if you are simply working out and then not supplementing that you are not going to see any muscle growth but you will feel stronger. Also consider your age, you may not be growing because you have not physically matured yet. Your daily intake of calories will also effect the growth you see and you want to try and increase this. If you want to see size increase its higher weight low reps. 7 to 8 reps is optimal for stimulating muscle growth. Focus on progressive resistance and stretch your muscles. Try holding the moment at the point of peak contraction in each repetition. Reduce the time between sets and alternate the speed of each repetition. Try looking up the difference between superset and compound sets. Do not just work out your upper body, you need to make sure you do a complete body workout for your body to feel the full effects of the workouts. read up on diet, its your key weapon. I would know, I was once a scrawny 8 and half stone now im 13 stone pure muscle at a height of 5.10

• 1 decade ago

you need to work out at least three times a week slow reps heavy weight, but since you are only 14 don't expect any huge results.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

heavy weights...if you can do 3 sets (10 r each) and its not very hard. time to add more weight...no pain no gain. every other day......once a week won't do anything...ever....and if your not willing to do 50 sets at 15 reps a set ....then don't bother at all.....it takes alot of work.....its worth it, but it ain't easy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

totally agree with "Darkone" ^^

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.