Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

how can i stop my dog smelling horrible?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You could bathe more. How often do you bathe your dog now? I would suggest monthly, or if it's that bad, maybe every two weeks. In between baths you can use the wipes for dogs and the "no water" bath things which will keep him nice and clean and fresh-smelling. After wiping him with the clothes or using the powder (whichever you choose) I would suggest buying doggy cologne. It's non harmful to them and you can buy it at any pet store. They come in different scents and make your dog smell clean!

I would suggest this routine:

-Bathe every month (or every two weeks, depending on stench)

-Every week give him/her a 'dry bath'

-After dry baths spray with doggy cologne and if stench is still around with baths every two weeks and dry baths in between the baths, spray with the doggy cologne twice a week

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Give him a good bath with a quality dog shampoo and groom away all loose hair and dirt. Make sure you keep him in a warm room to completely dry, maybe use a hair dryer on a low setting if he doesn't mind, then groom again and spray with a dog deodrant available from a pet store.

Regular grooming will take out loose hair and dirt.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

give him a bath regulary and wach out what you feed him he might actualy be ill because of the fact that he smells ask a vet for help

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends on the breed...sometimes its detremental to a dogs coat to bath them as it strips their natural oils and ruins their coat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Bathe him.

If he pays outside a lot that is probably why he smells.

maybe you should go to a vet

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My b**** smells the same send them out on some errands

• 1 decade ago

KEEP UR DOG ON DRY FOOD . BATH HER REGULARLY , JUS BITS OF LAMB BONES ROASTED OCASSIONALLY TO KEEP HER TEATH IN GOOD SHAPE. BRUSH HER TEATH REGULARLY.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wash it...dont give it strong tin meat

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't feed it Curry and Beer!

• 1 decade ago

oust him

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.