Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Does anybody else have a really bad name?

My real name is Argentina ((I go by Tina)). My parents named me that because they met on a vacation to Argentina. So like, I wouldnt even exist if it weren't for Argentina. Nice meaning I guess but I HATE my name.

Does anybody else have a bad name or know anybody with a bad name?

• *
    Favorite Answer

I don't think your name is bad - it comes from the Latin for "silver", which is a pretty meaning for a pretty name.

The name Argentina has been used since the Middle Names - even before the country of Argentina existed.

And there is a little story to your name, which is cute. And you get a nice nickname from it as well.

I think you'll like it more and more as you get older.

(I saw a woman's name on a government form - Edna Bucket, which sounds like "head in a bucket". And a girl called Gabby Head, which is horrible. Those are bad names! Yours is just a bit unusual).

• I don't think so. My name is Eloise (ell-oh-ees), and I love it. Although it's taken me 20 years to think so, becuase I hated it when I was growing up.

It's only now that I want to be unique that I appreciate having a rare name. And before anyone says it's hippy or new-fangled or made up, it's been around since medieval times.

I have to agree with Briana about the bookmarks and keyrings. I think my dad found one, and I still have it because I doublt I'll ever find another one. I normally settle for Ellie (my nickname) or Rose (my middle name)

EDIT - Liineli - I have a cousin called Joke! It's literally translated as "Little Jo", and a well-known nickname for Joanna and Josephine in some parts of Europe. I think it's a beautiful name though. My cousin doesn't live in an English-speaking country, but she's worked in a few, and she's never had any problems. Perhaps if she'd been in school in England/US, she may have had teasing, but not as an adult.

Argentina isn't so bad. Tina is a cute nickname.

The only people I know with really bad names are the ones with old, unflattering names like Esther and Gladys on a 19 year old. I don't mind most old names, but yeah if it's like Agnes or Bertha it's not cool.

Haha i dont mind your name i think its pretty and you can just go by tina. My name is Greta...the only nickname for that is Gretal! I cant stand it lol! But hey at least we're not like every other Sarah and Brittany etc. :)

My name isn't bad.. but as a child I remember being traumatized that none of the cups at disney world/land, the license plates for your bikes, and other pre monogrammed stuff didn't have my correct spelling of my name on it.. lol

• I no a girl named Joke. You pronounce it like Yo-keh but everytime she meets someone who doesn't know her they call her joke. I think that's a really bad name as people are bound to be joking about that name.

Well my name isnt horrible but i personally dont like it...my name is Catherine Lee..its actually my middle name that i hate lol its just so masculine

my name's shanda after a friend of my mom's. i like it ok, but for some reason when people see it on paper, they call me names like shonda, shaunda, shaundra, sharaunda...etc. it can be very frustrating. i have to say "it rhymes with panda" almost everyday.

my step brothers name is Kessler it was the last name of a scientist that is a weird name

• Mine's Jessica Jane.

I tend to like it most days.