Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

jd159 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How to calculate calorie deficit?

ok, if i'm supposed to intake 2,500 cal per day and i only consume about 1,800, does that create a deficit of 700 calories per day? (not including exercise?) or is it the 700 calories ON TOP OF what my body naturally burns of during daily life (without exercising like sleeping, watching tv, texting, sitting at school, writing, chewing lol)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Great Question! A calorie deficit is the Total calories you burn in a day minus all of the calories you consumed in a day. For example, if you burned 2500 calories sleeping, sitting around, walking around the grocery store, taking the stairs at school. Then you calculate how much you ate during the day which was 1800 after adding up the calorie content of all of your meals, drinks, snacks, ETC. You will get a deficit of 700. The deficit is the difference between what you burn and what you consume. Having a consistent calorie deficit is how you lose weight. Having a calorie deficit one time per week will not ensure weight loss and where most people go wrong when they're "trying" to lose weight. Either you have a calorie deficit or you don't!

It can be time consuming and confusing to do this on paper, so many of my clients do it using online programs.

Some programs that won't cost you anything are:

www.sparkpeople.com

www.fitday.com

www.thedailyplate.com

My favorite is the www.myapex.com which is the home of the BodyBugg. The BB is what is used on the TV show the Biggest Loser. You wear a small arm band with sensors that touch your skin. It calculates how many calories you burn during the day. It is HIGHLY accurate. Then you use their web-based program to input your calories you ate. The calorie deficit is then calculated for you. It is an amazing program.

Source(s): http://www.myapex.com/ www.sparkpeople.com www.fitday.com www.thedailyplate.com www.chandrajones.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"ok, if i'm supposed to intake 2,500 cal per day and i only consume about 1,800, does that create a deficit of 700 calories per day?"

yes, a pound of fat is 3500cals so that diet would see you lose 1.4lbs a week. that sounds like a sensible diet

• 5 years ago

Be sensible. Crazy goals like losing two dress sizes in a couple weeks will almost always end within tears, lost motivation and regarding green little comfort eating. You can only ever appear to be a thinner you – so set standards you understand you can achieve.

• 5 years ago

Beans, beans, are best for your heart, the more consume the more you... lose excess weight actually. Super-effective and full associated with fibre, beans will regulate your appetite and slow down the rate at which your stomach empties, meaning you continue to be fuller for longer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Think about what you can add to your diet, not whatever you must take away. Integrate scrumptious veggies into your meal, rather than serving them quietly. Not only will they offset the fat with your chicken or meat, but the phytochemicals in fresh produce are proven to prevent diseases.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Believe with yourself. How often have you admired someone and their achievements and instantly thought, ‘I’d love for doing that, but I just can’t. ’ Don’t limit your achievements from your thoughts. You can do whatever for you to do.

• 5 years ago

Believe within yourself. How often have you admired someone and their achievements and then instantly thought, ‘I’d love to accomplish this, but I just can’t. ’ Don’t limit your achievements because of your thoughts. You can do whatever you should do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i use this site to figure thes kinds of things out

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.