what would be the most goegraphically safe places to live in the United States of America?

in North Carolina

Favorite Answer

That is hard to say. Take a map of the USA. Then take a map of the earthquake prone areas and use it to block off sections of the first map. This will block out the west coast and the area around western Tennessee. Then block off the east coast line due to possible giant waves. Then block out areas hit by hurricanes or tornado's. What is left is safe. It should include parts of New England, parts of Michigan and more.

I'm on Lake Wylie and I recall they had an earthquake near Ashville just this year. Not a big one of course. We do have tornadoes pretty much every year again not big ones. Other than Ice I'd say north Western NC or VA. One of the reasons Google put a data center near Hickory of course was the lack of geologic and weather related issues.

• Mumsey

It depends what you are afraid of man or animals.

Example you could live in the hood and be afraid of muggings etc, in the sticks you have to worry about coyotes, bears that type of thing.

Iowa, all things considered.