Why do feminists doctor statistics ?

I have on many occasions in the past demonstrated how feminists have so severely doctored statistics that it is now the case whenever ANY University in America releases any type of research on women it has to be scrutinised and the blatant biases replaced or removed in order for the researched content to have any credibility.

It would appear that I am not alone with this particular opinion. Even gender feminists (how many different feminists are there) agree that the basis of feminism is largely based on lies..

an excerpt from

What’s Wrong and What’s Right with Contemporary Feminism?

Lecture by Christina Hoff Sommers* (Resident scholar at AEI)

"Let me turn to my second major objection to contemporary feminism: its reckless disregard for the truth. In doing research for my books, I looked carefully at some standard feminist claims about women and violence, depression, eating disorders, pay equity and education. What I found is that most - not all - but most of the victim statistics are, at best, misleading - at worst, completely inaccurate. I don't have the time to go through the long, twisted story about all the (ms.)information that passes for education in this area.6"

This is the reason why feminism is so despised and derided as it is built on falsehood.

Question.

Should those of you that are feminists change the general thinking and attitude of feminism and where it has been heading for the last 20 years or should you just ignore it and pretend it does not exist and keep promoting those false statistics ?

Update:

For further information relating to feminist lies download the pdf

http://www.aei.org/docLib/20090108_ContemporaryFem...

Or the site..

http://www.aei.org/publications/filter.all,pubID.2...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Feminism is built on half-truths, and they love to play with historical fact, twist words, and generate false statistics.

A common example is the idea that women are discriminated against because the average woman's wage is lower than the average man's. This totally ignores that the average woman works fewer hours in a less skilled job than the average man.

It also ignores other inconvenient facts e.g. ironically, female statisticians earn more than men (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, cited here http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=621 and its easy to find examples of jobs where women are being paid more than men e.g. “Young women in New York and several of the nation’s other largest cities who work full time have forged ahead of men in wages” http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/03/nyregion/03women...

Also “Female directors in corporate America earned median compensation of $120,000, based on the most recently available pay data, compared with $104,375 for male board members, research group The Corporate Library said "http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0...

In fact if you look at specific demographics you will see that single men and male part-time workers are worse off than their female counterparts e.g. "weekly median gross earnings for a woman working part-time are £145.60; for a man [working part-time] £137.80" http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnist...

Other examples are outlined here http://www.freewebs.com/feminism-evaluated

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Feminist statistics are ridiculous.

If you look at different stats you will see feminism saying that a large amount of women are raped, with as many as 1 in 4 women already having been raped, in the UK

If you then look at other stats, they say that the majority of rapes are by husbands, long term partners, and close friends, with about 50% being in this group.

It suggests that there are men that either go around raping 10-100's of their close friends, long term partners and wives, or that an eight of men rape one of these each. It's not true. I was searching for statistics for this country, and all I could find is this lying, cr*p.

• Joanie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The above contribution is proof of your exertion.

Most people with an agenda stretch their statistics to cause them to seem to be actualities.

The problem with statistics is that you can make them say what ever you want them to if you collect the right data.

Truth is as truth does. Over time lies become uncovered and the truth can be seen. Problem comes when people continue to drum the lies, and our media and special interests love to stir up controversy.

With no evidence other then the numbers of people believing the lie statistics often favoring the lie.

• 1 decade ago

It is sad really. If they were to abandon these false statistics and give us actual ones I think more people both men and women would be able to help with these issues better.

I detest rape it is a heinous act. But these statistics are used to vilify men instead of leading us to insights on the cause.

They don't seem to understand that vilifying men from birth only leads an increase in rapists while finding the cause of rape would reduce the problem.

The same for DV a young man hearing that he is a pig and a dog all of his life and that men are woman beaters and rapists often from their own mothers aunts and grandmothers does not lend to a healthy attitude toward other men or women.

But instead if feminists concentrated on the cause of rape and DV we could drastically reduce how often they both occur.

But this isn't their goal rape and DV statistics are a tool for them to create false hysteria so they can get ever more ridiculous laws passed that benefit them over men. They do not care about the trail of destruction that is left in the wake of their movement.

Most feminists may not in fact have a desire to rule over men but the ones getting the laws passed do and even passive support of them like is evident here on YA only drives them on.

By feminists here using these statistics they empower those man hating feminists they claim they do not support.

Constantly lying about men and making us out to be evil does not lend credence to their movement and is only going to lead to the utter destruction of their movement.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This has been answered. Feminism is based on lies.

The gullible are angered by the lies and people suffer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So, you don't believe statistics, yet you believe what you're reading elsewhere without question?

Velly intellesting =o/

• 1 decade ago

cause that's how they can recruit it the truth was advertised they wouldn't be able to continue

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FACT: 97.6% of all statistics are pulled out of thin air.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have provided not so much as a shred of evidence in support of any of your assertions.

Goodnight.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.