Leopard Gecko Lighting / Heating!?

Ok so I'm looking to get a leopard gecko pretty soon and I am a bit confused about the setup since this would be my first pet reptile...I have read in various articles and care sheets that leopard geckos are nocturnal and do not need much light during the day.OK so here is the deal, my room (in which I plan to... show more Ok so I'm looking to get a leopard gecko pretty soon and I am a bit confused about the setup since this would be my first pet reptile...I have read in various articles and care sheets that leopard geckos are nocturnal and do not need much light during the day.OK so here is the deal, my room (in which I plan to keep my 10 gallon aquarium with only one leo in it) is in the basement which does not have much light during the day...also it is usually cold down here even in the summer. Now, I have head that I only need a red bulb to heat the warm side that should stay on, 24/7. I also read that I need a uvb light for my leo plus the red infrared light and another day light?? [do i really need 3 lights?!?!] In another website I have read that I need a red light with a under tank heater? I'm really confused because I don't know who to believe, I just want to take care of a leo and give it it's needs...
As I said before, im pretty new with these animals, I know I might be making a big deal out of it because everyone says that they are like the easiest pets to take care of and stuff, I just want to make sure I can provide it with it's needs. I know that the best substrate for the tank is either paper towels or reptile carpet, and that the tank should include 2 hides, one on the warn side (which should be kept between 88 - 92 degrees F) and another hide in the cool side (which should be around 75 degrees F). I am also aware that they need another hide that should be very moist to help the shedding of the leo.
I just need an answer from somebody that knows! and somebody who is willing to help me to take care of this beautiful animal! :]

Thanks!