Favorite store brand of mac & cheese?

Of course home made is probably the best, but if we're talking about buying off the shelf:

I love Kraft (blue box) and I've also had Michelina's. Never tried Velveeta...

So what's your favorite and why would you rate it #1?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Lydia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I went on a Velveeta kick awhile back because I loved the texture of the shells- but I got very tired of the velveeta itself.

Now I love the blue box because I can add things to the sauce to make it even better.

• 1 decade ago

Velveeta ~ I out grew Kraft a long time ago. Velveeta has a creamier cheese. The soft cheese itself is in a package,compared to Kraft which is a powder cheese. I have not tried many other ones except for the T.V. dinner ones. But I know there are a lot of them out there because I saw on T.V. once that a guy collected Mac & Cheese boxes & he had hundreds of them.

• 1 decade ago

velveeta! the cheese is awesome the only kind ive ever eaten until i learned how to make mine from scratch..but i still use velveeta cheese.

I would rate it number one because of the texture of the cheese. It is nnot salty, very creamy. Its not a package of powder cheese it is already melted in a package for you to make. Very simple to cook. Boil macaroni shells...drain...add cheese and eat. The shells are the perfect pasta type..not a simple elbow macaroni either. It doesnt taste like processed cheese and noodles, but more like home cooked. and no need to add water or milk. its perfecto already!

• 1 decade ago

Velveeta is my favorite for the shell mac & cheese. Kraft is my favorite for shapes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Tough choice, but I say Velveeta.

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

ive always had kraft, id probably rate that number one

i tried americas choice recently, and suprisingly it was reallyyy good, very cheesy

never tried velveeta either i always wanted to though..i hear its good

• 1 decade ago

I don't know if this is available everywhere, but i used to think Annie's was the best. It had the most depth of flavor because it used spices and herbs, quality pasta, and decent and interesting cheese -- not just the bright yellow processed stuff.

• 4 years ago

It's not exactly a food but rather a condiment...Wal-Mart brand mustand beats French's Mustard hands down.

• 1 decade ago

I would recommend Velveeta. Its has a richer taste.

It doesn't have a cheesy taste to it. At least that's my opinion.=)

• 1 decade ago

If I had to choose a boxed it would be Kraft shells and cheese. But I always make homemade with Velveeta, shredded Cheddar, American, Asiago and a bit of sour cream, milk, butter and large elbow mac.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=ht...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.