Favorite store brand of mac & cheese?

Of course home made is probably the best, but if we're talking about buying off the shelf:

I love Kraft (blue box) and I've also had Michelina's. Never tried Velveeta...

So what's your favorite and why would you rate it #1?

• Lydia
    Favorite Answer

I went on a Velveeta kick awhile back because I loved the texture of the shells- but I got very tired of the velveeta itself.

Now I love the blue box because I can add things to the sauce to make it even better.

Velveeta ~ I out grew Kraft a long time ago. Velveeta has a creamier cheese. The soft cheese itself is in a package,compared to Kraft which is a powder cheese. I have not tried many other ones except for the T.V. dinner ones. But I know there are a lot of them out there because I saw on T.V. once that a guy collected Mac & Cheese boxes & he had hundreds of them.

velveeta! the cheese is awesome the only kind ive ever eaten until i learned how to make mine from scratch..but i still use velveeta cheese.

I would rate it number one because of the texture of the cheese. It is nnot salty, very creamy. Its not a package of powder cheese it is already melted in a package for you to make. Very simple to cook. Boil macaroni shells...drain...add cheese and eat. The shells are the perfect pasta type..not a simple elbow macaroni either. It doesnt taste like processed cheese and noodles, but more like home cooked. and no need to add water or milk. its perfecto already!

Velveeta is my favorite for the shell mac & cheese. Kraft is my favorite for shapes.

Tough choice, but I say Velveeta.

• .

ive always had kraft, id probably rate that number one

i tried americas choice recently, and suprisingly it was reallyyy good, very cheesy

never tried velveeta either i always wanted to though..i hear its good

I don't know if this is available everywhere, but i used to think Annie's was the best. It had the most depth of flavor because it used spices and herbs, quality pasta, and decent and interesting cheese -- not just the bright yellow processed stuff.

It's not exactly a food but rather a condiment...Wal-Mart brand mustand beats French's Mustard hands down.

I would recommend Velveeta. Its has a richer taste.

It doesn't have a cheesy taste to it. At least that's my opinion.=)

If I had to choose a boxed it would be Kraft shells and cheese. But I always make homemade with Velveeta, shredded Cheddar, American, Asiago and a bit of sour cream, milk, butter and large elbow mac.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=ht...