Opinions on holistic veterinary medicine?

I'm looking more for opinions from vets (both of the holistic kind and the 'regular' kind), but if you've done some looking into it and have your own opinion you'd like to state, by all means go for it. I'm serious considering becoming a vet myself, but only recently did I really consider... show more I'm looking more for opinions from vets (both of the holistic kind and the 'regular' kind), but if you've done some looking into it and have your own opinion you'd like to state, by all means go for it.

I'm serious considering becoming a vet myself, but only recently did I really consider the option of becoming a holistic vet. I like the looks of it so far, but I'm still researching what it's all about.

So, what do you think about holistic veterinary medicine?
Update: dean, if you're going to give an opinion, don't you think you should be a little more specific as to /why/ you have that opinion? What makes you say that? Last I checked, holistic vets utilized both /conventional/ medicine (the same type regular vets use) as well as holistic remedies. So how do their... show more dean, if you're going to give an opinion, don't you think you should be a little more specific as to /why/ you have that opinion?

What makes you say that? Last I checked, holistic vets utilized both /conventional/ medicine (the same type regular vets use) as well as holistic remedies. So how do their methods not work if they use such a combination?