Did executing Saddam Hussein make any kind of difference whatsoever ?

He had nothing to do with the a55wipe we all should have 'captured' and 'tried' by now , you know who im referring to... but there is something really really strange about the whole concept of the war in Iraq, whilst everyone slates it for being an illegal war this that and the other, I... show more He had nothing to do with the a55wipe we all should have 'captured' and 'tried' by now , you know who im referring to...

but there is something really really strange about the whole concept of the war in Iraq, whilst everyone slates it for being an illegal war this that and the other, I can't help but wonder @ what the 'personal gains' from having a war out there was, for the US.

However, I am certain that the US administration at the time knew it was not necessasry to go out there - but they did, but what do you think were their motives ?

Is there some secret long term agenda behind 'the war in iraq' ?

the point I wanted to raise was however, the capture and execution of Saddam Hussein. Whilst he was no saint (the same could be said about a lot of people on this earth) I do not understand what was gained from hanging the man, did it really ease the pain and suffering of families who's loved ones perished by his reign ?

Why was it unfeasible to keep him alive and captive ? I'm sure a lot of people on this planet would have been interested to hear some of the stories/accounts he would have had to tell us, the neutrals I mean.

Which brings me to the conclusion that he knew stuff, or knew things that were harmful to the interests of his adversaries - hence his hurried execution. Just how 'genuine' this war on terrorism is, well one day the truth will come out and we might be surprised and disgusted and even upset in the answer.

Maybe its just a war OF terror ? terrorists vs terrorists ? heh

But what do you all think ?